Contribute
Register
Hi, everyone.

I haven't been watching this thread for a while, so I don't know really where we're at, but I thought I'd share my story with you and maybe it'll help someone out.

First off, I've had an Apple ID for a few years now, and when I got my hackintosh built, I wasn't careful and got by ID blacklisted by Apple for logging into iCloud / iMessage several times with different SMBIOS configurations. I realized my mistake and made a new Apple ID. I followed this guide along with several others to a T, and I kept getting the call customer support message.

Through the course of several calls, it became apparent that customer support simply could not help. They entered the error code into their system telling me each time that everything seemed to now be working on their end. Anything further would require an engineer to get on the case which I wasn't interested in doing because it would be revealed I was on non-mac hardware.

As such, I gave it a few months and then called Apple to report that my initial Apple ID wasn't working. It took their engineers about 4 weeks, and they finally got it working again.

So, now knowing what I was doing after doing my research, I used this old Apple ID and got both iMessage and Facetime working perfectly.

Like I said, I don't know where we're at in terms of progress with this particular issue, but if you're getting the "call customer support with error code" message, nothing worked for me. Absolutely nothing. Doing everything the same way with my old Apple ID worked easily and quickly when I knew what I was doing.

Thanks for all your help.
Any idea what the engineers did with your ID?

Any idea what the engineers did with your ID?

No clue. Sorry. It was probably just blacklisted in their system. I do know that it was a quick fix for the engineers once they finally got on the case. It took forever for my issue to get to them though.

No clue. Sorry. It was probably just blacklisted in their system. I do know that it was a quick fix for the engineers once they finally got on the case. It took forever for my issue to get to them though.
Seems to be the case with me too

Running Clover and El Capitan. iMessage is logged in. However it cannot send messages and it seems to only sync a few messages here and there after initial start up. Is there a solution in this guide for this issue? Didn't see one specifically for this type of problem.

Running Clover and El Capitan. iMessage is logged in. However it cannot send messages and it seems to only sync a few messages here and there after initial start up. Is there a solution in this guide for this issue? Didn't see one specifically for this type of problem.
Do you get a "[phone number] is not registered with iMessage" error? I have been getting that too on a new install. Same with someone else in this thread. No solutions as of yet though...

Do you get a "[phone number] is not registered with iMessage" error? I have been getting that too on a new install. Same with someone else in this thread. No solutions as of yet though...
It seems I can only get imessage fully syncing all the time is when I boot into safe mode. Other than that any time I send a message it wants to try to send it as SMS.

It seems I can only get imessage fully syncing all the time is when I boot into safe mode. Other than that any time I send a message it wants to try to send it as SMS.
Same here, about being logged in, and wanting to send everything as SMS.

When I first got my rig up and running, it was full-blast working. Then only spotty here-and-there. Multiple times telling me that a person's (my wife's, for instance) contact number isn't registered with iMessage (paraphrasing, here) and their name is in RED. Meanwhile, her messages comign through on my macbook 3' away.

Here's another good one: If I imessage myself...it comes back as sent and I see my "hello".

Would really like to get this up and running, as it's a necessary component of my work with clients. Thanks ahead-of-time for any and all fixes to this....

I found this youtube vid with explanation. Worries me to just try something rando like this, so figured I'd ask you guys for your thoughts on it. It's very recent, which is a reason it piqued my interest (hope this is an appropriate way to post this?)

Last edited:
I have a fresh install of 10.11.5 on a new ssd and everything works ootb including messages.

My iCloud account on messages doesn't list my phone number, though... I can't message from my iCloud email address, it just says the recipient is not registered with messages. No way to test SMS with phone number (iPhone SE unlocked on T-Mobile). Is this a known issue, and if so, is there an easy fix?

I have a fresh install of 10.11.5 on a new ssd and everything works ootb including messages.

My iCloud account on messages doesn't list my phone number, though... I can't message from my iCloud email address, it just says the recipient is not registered with messages. No way to test SMS with phone number (iPhone SE unlocked on T-Mobile). Is this a known issue, and if so, is there an easy fix?
It is caused by you not actually being logged in. I went over with how to check it a few posts back. You go into preferences and you will see the account as inactive.

It is caused by you not actually being logged in. I went over with how to check it a few posts back. You go into preferences and you will see the account as inactive.

That was my first assumption, but under Pref>iCloud I'm signed in with Messages checked.

Attached here is a shot of my Messages Preferences.

Attachments

• iMessage No Phone.jpg
    iMessage No Phone.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 184
Back