Contribute
Register
Has anyone been able to get a Skylake system to work with iMessage? I redid everything from scratch on my new machine with the iMac 17,1 definition. I am still getting errors. The strange issue is that I can sign in with another account other than mine without a problem.

About 4 or 5 people here now have confirmed that older more "established" Apple IDs will work with Hackintosh, but newer IDs won't. Apple is blocking newer IDs, apparently, from signing in, presumably due to higher security.

No solution as to this yet.

I spoke to Tier II last night and they said there is a flag on some accounts that block it from iMessage. They are working with engineering to see how to correct it.

so Apple has officially confirmed 'some' accounts i.e. usually new accounts will be blocked from iMessage. Here's to hoping they resolve this soon.

so Apple has officially confirmed 'some' accounts i.e. usually new accounts will be blocked from iMessage. Here's to hoping they resolve this soon.
I wouldn't say Apple confirmed that new accounts will be blocked. This is actually my old account.

Do you have any values in your Rt Variables section for: CsrActiveConfig and BooterConfig? I've kept the ROM and MLB blank.

In SMBIOS: Selected Model and set Serial, Board Serial, SmUUID

Edit: It worked beautifully

I do have BooterConfig and CrsActiveConfig values there but not ROM and MLB; so far everything is still working, I'm not sure this is a permanent solution tho, as i i often get notifications on my phone about my hackintosh loging in to iCloud and iMessage asks me about "message read notifications", i think these things should only happens once and system should remember them... I hope this doesn't get my email blocked because i do own 2 real macs all using the same iCloud.

So much for iMessage on Android. Felt it was too good to be true. It's the only reason why I have an iPhone. Anyways , wonder if level 2 support has figured out a solution to blocked Apple IDs working.

I had someone that has an actual Mac try to log in with my account. They had no issues with it. I am wondering if it is some type of security that has been implemented with the security keys.

I am wondering if there are any similarities between the people that have working accounts and those without. I know that some of the people on here have said they have multiple accounts and only some of them work. I believe ChrisZ is one of them. Are there any similarities between the accounts you can think of such as billing, address, etc?

Last edited:
If you have an account that works and understand how to use console, please look at the syslog. See if your authentication has anything references Base Number on the account that works. On the account that does not work, check and see if it shows a base number. Also look at the identity services daemon and see what the error it shows. I am going to guess it will be 31. The more people that can let me know, it might help point us in the right direction.

I have managed to sign into iCloud/iMessage OK but when trying to compose a new message, I can only send to myself - and I only receive it on OSX and not any of my other iDevices.

Everyone else in my contact list has iMessage (Invalid) next to their name, and when I try to send a message to them I get an error saying "Your message could not be sent, xxxxx is not registered with iMessage". The console is also filled with errors like:

identityservicesd[270]: [Warning] Warning, missing tel:+[number censored] in (null)
identityservicesd[270]: [Warning] Warning, missing mailto:[email censored] in (null)

I'm running OS X 10.11.5. I also notice that my iCloud keychain does not seem to have synced to this device, despite being ticked in iCloud prefpane. Any suggestions?

Edit: Just tried it in a Guest account on the same machine but same problem. The number in the To: section is blue for a second, so it registers as a valid iMessage number, before turning red and becoming invalid.

If anyone has any suggestions for other things to try it would be much appreciated.

Edit2: I also can't get text message forwarding to work properly. It's set up, enabled in messages preferences on the iPhone, and my mac now tries to send as text from within iMessages (since iMessages themselves aren't working), but it just times out and gets the red exclamation. I've tried signing out and in again on iCloud for both devices, restarting them, resetting network settings on the iPhone etc. My hackintosh build doesn't have wifi or bluetooth, just ethernet. Could that be causing problems?

Tl;dr, iMessage on OS X 10.11.5 works when I message myself (though messages are only received on that machine, not on iDevices on same account), gives delivery/read receipts etc, but errors when trying to send to others.

Is this an issue I could go to Apple support with? Or would the Hackintosh element make it a bad idea?

Last edited:
Back