Contribute
Register
I'm using mac pro 3,1 because of my xeon cpu and hardware and iMac 13,2 on my core i7 set up you need to use the right system definition which matches your system

how do you figure that out? I just bought everything and happened to be on 3,1.

Ive got:
4790K i7
32gb ram
ASUS Z97-A
Thunderbolt card
Apple Bluetooth/wifi card
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card

Am I on the right system?

Also could you give any guidance towards my imessage problem?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 2.45.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 2.45.10 PM.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 275
When you updated to Yosemite, did you install FileNVRAM v1.1.4 (see post 1 in this thread). I ask because I use Chimera with FileNVRAM v1.1.4, and iMessage works.

I did not because I assumed it would be incorporated into the newest Chimera release. Also, after reading through the thread today there seems to be some saying that FileNVRAM v1.1.4 isn't working correctly with OS X 10.10.3.

how do you figure that out? I just bought everything and happened to be on 3,1.

Ive got:
4790K i7
32gb ram
ASUS Z97-A
Thunderbolt card
Apple Bluetooth/wifi card
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card

Am I on the right system?

Also could you give any guidance towards my imessage problem?

Personally with your Specs, I would go with the iMac 14.2 mac model.

Ok, will that just improve my performance and functionality? And what makes you say that or how do you go about figuring that out?

Any input on imessage? I cant get the kext file to install and I tried this method:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ite-fix-imessage-using-chameleon-chimera.html

The Mac Pro3.1 is a default setting so to speak just to get you hopefully up and running, but your specs are quite high and I think is more suited to the iMac 14.2 giving you more stability and a real Mac feel.

Its quite easy to change the model but before you do, there are some important steps you must take.

1. Go to iTunes if you're signed in and click on 'De-Authorized this Mac' and then sign out.
2. Sign out of App Store.
3. Finally sign out of iCloud - as a matter of fact, sign out of any Apple Service you're signed into before you change any character of your rig, otherwise you will end up with a Ghost Machine on your account still logged into Apple Services that you no longer has access to and it will cause you problems.

With those steps out of the way, go to 'Downloads' and grab a copy of 'Chameleon Wizard'.
1. Run and open Chameleon Wizard -> click on 'SMBios' tab -> 'Edit'.
2. 'Premade SMBioses' -> click 'Select' -> scroll and choose 'iMac (14.2) - LGA1150'.
3. Click on the 'Week of Manufacture' - 'Random' until you get a week 40 or over.
4. Click on 'Unique Number' - 'Random' this will change the Serial Number (Check that this number is unique and not already registered)
5. When done and all is satisfactory click on 'Save As' SMBios to your 'Extra Folder'.
6. Check you have the File NVRam in your module folder (version 1.4) if not you will have to place it there.
7. Now Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility and reboot.
8. Disconnect from internet and run iMessage DeBugger a few times between reboots to check values are static with no errors
9. If all is good reconnect to internet and try to log into all Apple Services.

This is for a Chimera boot loader install.

I hope you will find this of some help in getting your setup running to your satisfaction - Good Luck.

I did not because I assumed it would be incorporated into the newest Chimera release. Also, after reading through the thread today there seems to be some saying that FileNVRAM v1.1.4 isn't working correctly with OS X 10.10.3.

Hi - Without the FileNVRam v1.1.4 in your module folder, iMessage simply won't work, quite a few have managed to get iMsg to work after following the FIX.

Hi - Without the FileNVRam v1.1.4 in your module folder, iMessage simply won't work, quite a few have managed to get iMsg to work after following the FIX.

I get that, so why wasn't it incorporated into Chimera or Multibeast, I guess is my point.

Do I need to install on chameleon or jsut change those settings?

This is what I got after doing exactly what you said. The only thing im not sure about is how to check to make sure a serial is not already in use?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 6.37.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 6.37.15 PM.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 122
FaceTime worked without a problem on my customac, but iMessage stalls out at login. I don't get any error messages or messages to contact Apple. I just get the never-ending spinning wheel of wait. I'm going to study this tutorial/guide and see what I can do.

Back