Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you apparently miss is to carefully read my guide.

I clearly state that one has to disconnect all drives except the destination drive for the windows installation when performing the Windows installation. You did not follow this important advice! Now windows has reformatted the EFI-Partition on your 10.13 System Disk.

Great :thumbup:

You definitely like to rub it in don't you...

Anyway. Luckily nothing of what you replied was needed, no reinstall of MacOS nor Windows, nor any reformat. Windows was installed on a separate drive but did install on the EFI of the NVMe as well unfortunately. The Clover files were still there, only the MS ones too. I was able to fix it by renaming CLOVERX64.efi into bootmgfw.efi after this Clover booted again, and I can boot MacOS as well as Windows!

BTW in your guide it states:

2.) /AI Tweaker/Internal CPU Power Management/
a.) Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technology: Disabled

and a bit further you write:
4.) /Advanced/CPU Configuration/CPU Power Management Configuration/
a.) Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technology (EIST): Enabled [fundamental for proper IPG CPU power consumption
display]

This is the same setting... Does it need to be on or off?

You definitely like to rub it in don't you...

Anyway. Luckily nothing of what you replied was needed, no reinstall of MacOS nor Windows, nor any reformat. Windows was installed on a separate drive but did install on the EFI of the NVMe as well unfortunately. The Clover files were still there, only the MS ones too. I was able to fix it by renaming CLOVERX64.efi into bootmgfw.efi after this Clover booted again, and I can boot MacOS as well as Windows!

BTW in your guide it states:

2.) /AI Tweaker/Internal CPU Power Management/
a.) Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technology: Disabled

and a bit further you write:
4.) /Advanced/CPU Configuration/CPU Power Management Configuration/
a.) Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technology (EIST): Enabled [fundamental for proper IPG CPU power consumption
display]

This is the same setting... Does it need to be on or off?

Well good for you isn’t it? Happy that you managed to solve the issue with minimal efforts.

If you would have followed the recent posts you would know that we just revently discovered that EIST works flawless on Skylake-x/x299 and that it moreover helps in properly displaying the cpu power consumption with e.g. IPG.

I just forgot to update 2.) in correspondence. Thanks for your remark.

:thumbup:

@DSM2 you have a vega frontier? im looking at getting this to get rid of the stupid nvidia issues im having (https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produ...105073&cm_re=vega_16gb-_-14-105-073-_-Product)

what would be the steps to get that working, is it how kgp states in the guide?

I know the question is directed to @DSM2. Nevertheless, just allow me one short comment. My guide states that Vega 64 and Frontier are natively implemented and that’s how it is. There are no steps necessary to get these two cards working.. they just work out of the box. @DSM2 runs 2x Sapphire Vega 64, EK waterblocked.. he will certainly provide you with further details.

I know the question is directed to @DSM2. Nevertheless, just allow me one short comment. My guide states that Vega 64 and Frontier are natively implemented and that’s how it is. There are no steps necessary to get these two cards working.. they just work out of the box. @DSM2 runs 2x Sapphire Vega 64, EK waterblocked.. he will certainly provide you with further details.

thats what i thought i just wanted to confirm. just pop the card in, add whatevergreen and lilu to clover and boot?

thats what i thought i just wanted to confirm. just pop the card in, add whatevergreen and lilu to clover and boot?

No whatevergreen, no lilu, nothing! Just native! Plug & play!

No whatevergreen, no lilu, nothing! Just native! Plug & play!

that is the best news since sliced bread!!!!

however maybe @DSM2 has a better answer or could test. 3 monitors.

@shael : What else should I add, everything was already said by @kgp and he knows my setup well.

And no I can’t test 3 monitor setup, I have one 4K 40 Inch Monitor and that’s it.

shoot! so there is no way to no if this card will solve my issues or present other unfixable ones.

3 Monitors works fine. I even have a LG Ultrafine 5K + 2x LG 24UD58-B 4K Screens connected on 1 Vega frontier edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back