Contribute
Register

Higher Temps after upgrade to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The edits required for your DSDT are the same as those in post #10.

I am sory i dont know how to do that. i am not good with it... sorry :((

i opened it with text editor, but it looks different. how can i do it?

i opened it with text editor, but it looks different. how can i do it?

Opened what with a text editor? You should use MaciASL to open/edit your DSDT in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Give it a try. Use 'Find' to search for 'device-id' because those (two) areas are the ones that need attention.

Ok i opened the DSDT with MaciASL, but i cant find the areas where i can edit it... I typed "device-id" in the search field at the left bottom side, but cant get results. May you could help me Rehabman. Thanks in advance

Ok i opened the DSDT with MaciASL, but i cant find the areas where i can edit it... I typed "device-id" in the search field at the left bottom side, but cant get results. May you could help me Rehabman. Thanks in advance

You want to search the code using Find from the menu (Command+F).

Hey,
i have found the passages and made the edits. I cant save it somehow. The compiler get me some errors. I really dont have a clue. And what is strange, i got an error message after the update to 10.8.5 from multi beast. Couldnt write the things on th hd. Kernel panic after reboot. I dont know what is wrong. it starts to f... me up.

I know nobody is guaranteed to get help here and there is no right for it. I was just asking for help to make the edit and i told that i am not an expert...

Give it a try first. Then ask for help...

I am asking now :)

Hey,
i have found the passages and made the edits. I cant save it somehow. The compiler get me some errors. I really dont have a clue.

Save as DSL with your edits (text), compress and post it here. I'll tell you what you did wrong.

And what is strange, i got an error message after the update to 10.8.5 from multi beast. Couldnt write the things on th hd. Kernel panic after reboot. I dont know what is wrong. it starts to f... me up.

Probably a kernel cache issue. Separate issue. Confused... I thought you had already updated to 10.8.5??

Thanks for the help first. And sorry for the confusion. I have made an update to 10.8.5 2 weeks before, but went back to 10.8.4 because of the temp problem. Yesterday i tried to go to 10.8.5 again and i had the problem that i couldnt install anything on it (no multibeast etc.)
Iknow its off topic, but first i need to solve the kernel cahe issue. Can you help me with that?

Thanks for the help first. And sorry for the confusion. I have made an update to 10.8.5 2 weeks before, but went back to 10.8.4 because of the temp problem. Yesterday i tried to go to 10.8.5 again and i had the problem that i couldnt install anything on it (no multibeast etc.)
Iknow its off topic, but first i need to solve the kernel cahe issue. Can you help me with that?

No doubt a kernel cache issue. Try this:
- run Console.app, view system.log
- run Kext Wizard, choose to rebuild cache
- while the rebuild is running watch for errors from kextcache
- fix problems pointed at by kextcache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back