Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, does the HDMI port have to be activated or something? The monitor is not getting a signal through the HDMI cable...

And I downloaded the drivers for my USB speakers... and restarted to find the errors shown below, in the screen grab. So, my hack won't boot without -x again. Should I erase the appleusbaudioengine/device thing? UPDATE: I did remove the appleusbaudio.kext and my computer boots up fine again. But no speakers :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 272
OK, does the HDMI port have to be activated or something? The monitor is not getting a signal through the HDMI cable...

And I downloaded the drivers for my USB speakers... and restarted to find the errors shown below, in the screen grab. So, my hack won't boot without -x again. Should I erase the appleusbaudioengine/device thing? UPDATE: I did remove the appleusbaudio.kext and my computer boots up fine again. But no speakers :confused:
try just installing the latest voodooHDA from multibeast if it kernel panics or hangs just do the same thing you did here

I tried to install the newest Voodoo kext in MultiBeast, but it popped up a window during the install that said the kext couldn't be installed. I kept trying the other older ones, and one of them worked- in my audio settings there were a bunch of options (including 4 HDMI audio, but not video??), but no USB speakers:

photo.JPG

I stuck some headphones in the audio-out plug and did get sound. But I keep trying to get my USB speakers to show up, and they are not. They pop right up when I turn them on, on my regular iMac...

I tried to install the newest Voodoo kext in MultiBeast, but it popped up a window during the install that said the kext couldn't be installed. I kept trying the other older ones, and one of them worked- in my audio settings there were a bunch of options (including 4 HDMI audio, but not video??), but no USB speakers:

View attachment 94510

I stuck some headphones in the audio-out plug and did get sound. But I keep trying to get my USB speakers to show up, and they are not. They pop right up when I turn them on, on my regular iMac...
Are you using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 does the bios have a USB legacy mode if so be sure it's on prolly already is I do t know to much about how the USB audio is going to work so I'm not a good source of help for it honestly I just know that so far the creative sound card you have on the motherboard is only supported by voodoohda

I figured the USB audio out! I copied the AppleUSBAudio.kext from the s/l/e on my regular iMac (where my USB speakers were working) and installed it in the s/l/e on my hackintosh via kext wizard and after a reboot the speakers appeared in the system preferences/sound area!

On another topic- have you ever done this (see below)? It knocked about 20 seconds off my boot time and got rid of that "missing bluetooth transport!" boot line that always held it up. My hack goes from start to desktop in about 10 seconds now! I found it on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ransport-error-after-mavericks-install-2.html

First boot with -s
Now type the following commands in the EXACT order:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mkdir intel_back

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

touch ../Extensions

reboot

I figured the USB audio out! I copied the AppleUSBAudio.kext from the s/l/e on my regular iMac (where my USB speakers were working) and installed it in the s/l/e on my hackintosh via kext wizard and after a reboot the speakers appeared in the system preferences/sound area!

On another topic- have you ever done this (see below)? It knocked about 20 seconds off my boot time and got rid of that "missing bluetooth transport!" boot line that always held it up. My hack goes from start to desktop in about 10 seconds now! I found it on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ransport-error-after-mavericks-install-2.html

First boot with -s
Now type the following commands in the EXACT order:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mkdir intel_back

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

touch ../Extensions

reboot
cool and the part about the command yes done it a bunch of times but could have been done via terminal using a sudo(superuser do) command since you were already booting up to the desktop and the mkdir can be what ever you want it to be it just make a new folder then puts the starred items in it use just have to do the mv command to the same as the mkdir (means make directory) mv(move) mount -uw(mounts the root drive in user write mode) cd(change directory) touch(rebuild caches)

This is basically what we would do in the event of a kernel panic trying to get back to the desktop when safe mode kernel panics except moving what is causing the kernel panics

The only problem with you moving them is you now won't ever be able to utilize your integrate graphics like if you wanted or needed to connect to it cause all your graphics card ports are being used and wanted to add another monitor but hey those kext will always be in the directory you made

So check it out and you will see journey to root/System/Library/Extensions/intel_back
and they will be there if you ever need to reinstall them

By the time your done with your hack you gonna be a great hackintosher but when you can do some laptops then you'll be good they are really hard

Great thread! So far I have mavericks booting and the Ethernet works thanks to Carp! I can't get my audio working yet though. I have tried to inject the 1150 kext but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I have read a few threads but I'm pretty inexperienced with osx. Anyone have it working yet?

I do feel pretty accomplished after all of this! Thanks again Carp ;)

turbodsms- I forgot to say which Audio drivers ended up working! In MultiBeast, under Drivers/Audio/Universal, check VoodooHDA v2.7.3 and install and restart. The ALC1150 drivers do not work for our boards (so far).

Here is a screen cap of my final build:
photo(1).JPG

Ok sounds good. I will try it tonight. Thanks!

I tried the voodoo but they don't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back