Contribute
Register

Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, it did not like the GTX 760, but after reading some other posts, it seems that you have to check "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" on Multibeast!

I had been reading the opposite everywhere else...

Still can't get online. Anyone have a fix for this? My board has a Atheros Killer E2200 ethernet connection, and I've checked "Atheros/Killer AKXEthernet v1.0.2" box, but it's still not lighting up the connection lights or showing up as an option under "Networks"...

Thanks again!!!
get me a screen shot of the device ids and vendor ids from dpcimanager then upload your IONetworking family and I will have a look into it and what i can do to fix it

Thanks Carpentry, by the way- smi was telling me that I didn't understand what he was saying about the screen capture text.

So, I've read all of your advice and I must admit that it's a bit over my head- I got the DCPIManager thing (see screen grab). But I don't know what "IONetworking family" is or how to upload it...

Thanks again for your help!!

It's nice to have my hackintosh booting without -x, but now I can't run anything without an internet connection! :cry:

This doesn't look too good!...
photo(10).JPG

Thanks Carpentry, by the way- smi was telling me that I didn't understand what he was saying about the screen capture text.

So, I've read all of your advice and I must admit that it's a bit over my head- I got the DCPIManager thing (see screen grab). But I don't know what "IONetworking family" is or how to upload it...

Thanks again for your help!!

It's nice to have my hackintosh booting without -x, but now I can't run anything without an internet connection! :cry:

This doesn't look too good!...
View attachment 94367
I am afraid you have the wrong dpcimanager you have the one for snow leopard you need to get the one for mountain lion it should look like this dpci manger demo copy.png
also IONetworkingFamiliy.kext will be in your root/System/Library/Extensions directory make a copy and compress it and upload a zipped form of it do that and ill see what I can do

Sorry, it keeps taking me a while to get back with the screen grabs- the hackintosh occasionally freezes up when I try to plug the USB drive in to get the info you are requesting. Then I have to restart, etc... I will worry about the USB later!

Here are the newer DCPIManager pics:
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

And here is the IONetworkingFamiliy.kext, compressed:
View attachment IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

OK since this is such new hardware you will be one of the first with it and just maybe this will work i was doing some reading and saw that this same NIC is working on the z87 boards and I believe i may have figured out how they got it going so we will see so give this a try By the way you have the correct device ids and vendor ids in the proper place already

open
root/System/Library/Extensions/
use show package contents on
IONetworkingFamily.kext
open
contents/plugins
copy to the desktop
ALXEthernet.kext
Then with kext wizard install it to System/Library/Extensions
then on the maintenance tab repair permissions and rebuild Kext cache on S/L/E
Cross fingers and reboot if for some reason it kernel panics let me know and I'll give you the terminal commands to remove it via single user mode
Good Luck and Happy Hacking
Carpentry

Thanks Carpentry, I followed your instructions exactly and everything worked, but when I restarted there was still no Ethernet connectivity available (see attached pic).

At least there were no kernel panics on restart!

So, am I looking at the correct system window (Network) to check for Ethernet connectivity (see pic)?

photo(12).JPG

And just in case... here's a pic of the Ethernet cable connection (note that the lights aren't even on, let alone blinking).
photo(13).JPG

By the way, I'm not too worried about the audio since my speakers are USB-connected.

Thanks Carpentry, I followed your instructions exactly and everything worked, but when I restarted there was still no Ethernet connectivity available (see attached pic).

At least there were no kernel panics on restart!

So, am I looking at the correct system window (Network) to check for Ethernet connectivity (see pic)?

View attachment 94381

And just in case... here's a pic of the Ethernet cable connection (note that the lights aren't even on, let alone blinking).
View attachment 94382

By the way, I'm not too worried about the audio since my speakers are USB-connected.
Try this one
open root/S/L/E and then show package contents of IONetworkingFamily.kext and open contents/plugins
and place the attached kext in that location and be sure it's unzipped rebuild kext cache and repair permissions with kext wizard and reboot with fingers crossed same applies as before

credit of this kext goes to gamester so a big thank you goes to him i did have to edit some info plist for it though on the ar8162 chip if it works By the way this is a debug version so if it breaks your NIC it's your fault Gamesters disclosure
also you'll have to use voodooHDA for the onboard audio though as far as i know i don't know which one though if you try some of them and they make it kernel panic let me know and we'll get it back

Read the disclosure here in post one also read for other debugging and trouble shooting
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/120084-working-kext-killer-e2200-4.html

Attachments

• ALXEthernet.kext.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 303
It works! Flashing lights and everything :eek: !!! Internet connectivity achieved!

Wow, there is NO WAY I could have done this without your help, Carp! I hope I can call you Carp- I feel like we're closer now ;) ...

And I will post more about this whole experience when I get back later tonight- I wanna stay home and play with my new computer!!

Ha- I just went to shut it down but the mouse cursor is frozen. Whatever, I'll deal with it later!

Thanks again,

500e

It works! Flashing lights and everything :eek: !!! Internet connectivity achieved!

Wow, there is NO WAY I could have done this without your help, Carp! I hope I can call you Carp- I feel like we're closer now ;) ...

And I will post more about this whole experience when I get back later tonight- I wanna stay home and play with my new computer!!

Ha- I just went to shut it down but the mouse cursor is frozen. Whatever, I'll deal with it later!

Thanks again,

500e
Awesome glad all that reading I did helped

Sounds Like we need to work on a few of the other bugs like power management and stuff like that we will work on all the others when you have time

The secondary intel ethernet I don't think we will be able to get it at this time

Also it looks like it uses an intel multimedia controller(audio) so we might be able to get it going without voodooHDA but no promises

And yeah it's ok to call me that for short
I was glad to help that's why Im here to give back since I use the same resources as you in my builds although I've never posted needing help just helping others but I feel that since I used unibeast and the guides and multibeast and chimera that I should give some help back since all the moderators can't get to all the posts.
once all done with this setup you should add success or solved to the title
Also back up that networking kext since updates will break it and it will need to be reinstalled save the whole IONetworkingFamily.kext
Happy Hacking
Carpentry

[SOLVED] Help with booting into Mavericks with Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 G1, i7-4470K, GTX 760

Alright, I've tucked all the wires away and shut the case- got it up and running right away this morning with my dual ASUS monitors (one horizontal, one vertical). The resolution on the vertical is maxed at 1920x1200 right now and it needs to be higher (can go up to 1920x1400). I wonder if I switch the DVI for an HDMI... I'll report back.

I also am working on getting my USB speakers to work and on the general sound drivers for the motherboard.

So, yeah, this experience has been interesting. I read tons of threads before I started buying the parts for my hackintosh and I can say the one mistake (well mistake if you want your hack to work right out of the box) was buying the latest motherboard technology. I assumed that since a Z87X board was on the list of approved mobos, that the Z97X would be even better and easier to run!

People were rather condescending when I asked my first few questions- but there were no Z97X Gaming instruction threads, so I didn't know where to post but on other Z97X threads. Alas, Carp showed up and gave me straight advice that worked right away! I just hope that the other people with this new board will be able to get up and running faster than I did because of this thread :D

500e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back