Contribute
Register

Help with ASUS X550CA-CJ532H

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i don't see nothing in sysprefs when i plug an HDMI device.

How can i patch framebuffer?

Thank you.

What boot loader are you using (hopefully Clover)? What is your screen resolution?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I've updated my profile, I'm using Clover, and my screen resolution is 1366x768.

Regards

I've updated my profile, I'm using Clover, and my screen resolution is 1366x768.

Regards

Look here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

I added the patches we use for HD4000 in the ProBook Installer. They are disabled ("disabled_AppleIntelFramebufferCapri") since HDMI audio is not needed during installation,but you can easily copy the patches and enable (remove '_disabled').

Hopefully, I didn't make a mistake copying them...

Look here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

I added the patches we use for HD4000 in the ProBook Installer. They are disabled ("disabled_AppleIntelFramebufferCapri") since HDMI audio is not needed during installation,but you can easily copy the patches and enable (remove '_disabled').

Hopefully, I didn't make a mistake copying them...

I have applied the patch:
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
HDMI-audio HD4000 0x01660003

To my config.plist..
But it didn't work, i plug my laptop to my tv, i can see the screen, then i go to Sysprefs /audio but i only see internal speakers.. I can't select hdmi.. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I have applied the patch:

To my config.plist..
But it didn't work, i plug my laptop to my tv, i can see the screen, then i go to Sysprefs /audio but i only see internal speakers.. I can't select hdmi.. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Post config.plist and ioreg.

Like I said... something is probably not right in the AppleHDA...
So, if everything i have done is ok, i will check my appleHDA..

This afternoon i plugged an usb flash memory to my laptop, i was copying some files to the pendrive when suddenly my computer rebooted. Is the first time that it happens..

I don't know why it happens, I'm using genericusbxhci, it could be that? To use Appleusbxhci instead genericusbxhci, what should i do? Do i need to remove genericusbxhci and then inject usb in clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back