Contribute
Register

Help with ASUS X550CA-CJ532H

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if everything i have done is ok, i will check my appleHDA..

This afternoon i plugged an usb flash memory to my laptop, i was copying some files to the pendrive when suddenly my computer rebooted. Is the first time that it happens..

I don't know why it happens, I'm using genericusbxhci, it could be that? To use Appleusbxhci instead genericusbxhci, what should i do? Do i need to remove genericusbxhci and then inject usb in clover?

Make sure you're using the latest GenericUSBHXHCI.kext.... but even then it has problems on Yosemite. I've moved to using AppleUSBHXCH instead. It usually requires DSDT patches or patches to the binary (which can be tricky, and laptop specific).

Make sure you're using the latest GenericUSBHXHCI.kext.... but even then it has problems on Yosemite. I've moved to using AppleUSBHXCH instead. It usually requires DSDT patches or patches to the binary (which can be tricky, and laptop specific).

Hi Rehabman, by the moment genericusbxhci is working fine.. I have a question, if i'm using genericusbxhci kext, is necessary to inject usb, fixownership, and add clockid on clover(true)? In my config.plist are not checked (false), and i have been looking information about that but i'm not sure if is needed or not.

Hi Rehabman, by the moment genericusbxhci is working fine.. I have a question, if i'm using genericusbxhci kext, is necessary to inject usb, fixownership, and add clockid on clover(true)? In my config.plist are not checked (false), and i have been looking information about that but i'm not sure if is needed or not.

FixOwnership is needed if you have non-working USB2 ports and see "EHCI...unable to take ownership from BIOS" in system.log.

Inject USB/clock-id can be done with Clover config.plist or DSDT patches. You probably already have the DSDT patches "7-series/8-series USB"

FixOwnership is needed if you have non-working USB2 ports and see "EHCI...unable to take ownership from BIOS" in system.log.

Inject USB/clock-id can be done with Clover config.plist or DSDT patches. You probably already have the DSDT patches "7-series/8-series USB"

If I look for "EHCI" "BIOS" "unable" in my system log i don't see any result, it means that i don't need to change Fixownership in clover to "true", right?

How can i check if i have the DSDT patches "7-series/8-series USB"? I didn't applied any patch with that name in maciasl..

Regards

If I look for "EHCI" "BIOS" "unable" in my system log i don't see any result, it means that i don't need to change Fixownership in clover to "true", right?

Correct. And it is something you would have run into while trying to boot the installer from USB...

How can i check if i have the DSDT patches "7-series/8-series USB"? I didn't applied any patch with that name in maciasl..

I don't see the injections in ioreg, so I believe you...

Correct. And it is something you would have run into while trying to boot the installer from USB...

I don't see the injections in ioreg, so I believe you...

Sorry for the insistence, (this is probably the last question regarding to my laptop)If i don't have the injections (as you said), Is necessary (for me) to inject "usb" and "clockid" or not?

Sorry for the insistence, (this is probably the last question regarding to my laptop)If i don't have the injections (as you said), Is necessary (for me) to inject "usb" and "clockid" or not?

Generally, they are needed to achieve sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back