Contribute
Register

Help with ASUS X550CA-CJ532H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your attention rehabman, now i can see my battery status. Regarding to brightness, i extracted my dsdt and ssdt from linux, i have seen that "Device GFX0" is located on my system DSDT, not on the others extracted ssdt, so now, Do I need to apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" only to my system dsdt and them install OS-X-ACPI-Backlight? (my computer is ivy bridge, not haswell)

Yes. It is typical that pre-Haswell systems have GFX0 in DSDT.

And another question, my gpu is intel hd 4000 and my resolution 1366x768, is necessary to patch my dsdt with the patch ¨HD4000 Low Resolution¨?

No. You can use bootloader injection instead (and likely already are).

So, if my processor is ivy bridge, should i use Brightness Fix (Haswell) or brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000)?

So, if my processor is ivy bridge, should i use Brightness Fix (Haswell) or brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000)?

You have HD4000. At least that's what it says in your profile... The answer should be obvious.

Thank you Rehabman, now, i can change brightness using slider in preferences, but i can't change the brightness using the fn asus keys (but i can change the sound for example), i'm using asusNBFnKeys.kext. How can i solve it?

Thank you again

Thank you Rehabman, now, i can change brightness using slider in preferences, but i can't change the brightness using the fn asus keys (but i can change the sound for example), i'm using asusNBFnKeys.kext. How can i solve it?

Thank you again

I don't use that kext. You should probably read the documentation for it...

Hello again Rehabman, i read the thread about power management (I'm sorry, i haven't seen before the last part regarding to clover). These are the steps that i followed:
-AsusAICPUPM=true (on my config.plist)
- I used
the Clover Configurator to generate smbios (on this case, smbios of macbook air 5.2)
- I used ssdtPRgen.sh script to generate a SSDT and i placed it on my clover folder on efi partition.

Since I followed the previous steps, it seems that my computer is more slow, for example when i expand safari window.
So my question is, i need to install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? (I haven't installed the kext by the moment)
How can i check if power management is working fine? (and also gpu power management)

Thank you.

Hello again Rehabman, i read the thread about power management (I'm sorry, i haven't seen before the last part regarding to clover). These are the steps that i followed:
-AsusAICPUPM=true (on my config.plist)
- I used
the Clover Configurator to generate smbios (on this case, smbios of macbook air 5.2)
- I used ssdtPRgen.sh script to generate a SSDT and i placed it on my clover folder on efi partition.

Since I followed the previous steps, it seems that my computer is more slow, for example when i expand safari window.
So my question is, i need to install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? (I haven't installed the kext by the moment)
How can i check if power management is working fine? (and also gpu power management)

Thank you.

The SSDT should be at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml.

Yes, is at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ folder. So, do i need to install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? I don't know if i have done all the steps or should i do anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back