Contribute
Register

Help please! First time, nothing works... 10.8.3, GA-Z77-DS3H, i3 3225

Status
Not open for further replies.
could it be that the 1.1 revision of that board is "problematic" for a hackintosh build?
I have seen a few people struggle with 1.1 boards, I reckon you're right there, it's why I went for the rev 1, but we'll get them up and running before long.

i also have a custom build :( Z77-DS3H, Core i3 3225 , Intel HD 4000. I don't know how to enable Intel HD 4000 :banghead: anyone have any idea ??? Sorry for my english

Hey thanhvien101, what issue are you having?

I have the following and with many attempts - cannot get this System working. Should I try to update bios to F10f (beta)? It seems that this 1.1 board is causing trouble. If anyone had success, please share! Almost ready to buy another MB and sell this on ebay. :banghead:

Sys Info:

Z77-DS3H (Rev 1.1, F9)
i5-3570K
16GB Ram
2 TB HD (2 Partitions, 100GB for test, Remainder for OSX install)
On board graphics (HD4000)

Keep getting the following:

acpi_smc_platformplugin timed out

I have the following and with many attempts - cannot get this System working. Should I try to update bios to F10f (beta)? It seems that this 1.1 board is causing trouble. If anyone had success, please share! Almost ready to buy another MB and sell this on ebay. :banghead:

Sys Info:

Z77-DS3H (Rev 1.1, F9)
i5-3570K
16GB Ram
2 TB HD (2 Partitions, 100GB for test, Remainder for OSX install)
On board graphics (HD4000)

Keep getting the following:

Hi, I wouldn't go for beta level bios updates, do you have a screen grab or photo of your -v boot with the

line? There may be more critical information to help work out your issue.

Sounds like the problem is with the fakesmc. This is similar to a problem I had initially with the same MB (v 1.1) and HD3000 onboard graphics. Would suggest booting from the unibeast installer which will give you a plain vanilla fakesmc. Either in terminal from safe mode, delete the fakesmc in /S/L/E and re-run Multibeast without the hardware monitoring tools plugins.
And of course, boot with -x -v to see where the problem occurs.

Firstly, this configuration is the easiest Hacintosh system I have set up so far, so don't give up there are just a few little hooks to figure out.

Don't use a system profile this buggers everything up. Also, just focus on getting the basic system booting before installing any kexts (except maybe ethernet).

Make sure you load PCIRootUID=1 in Multibeast. I also found that 10.8.3 doesn't like VTD which you can disable in your Bios settings.

Here is my plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Tried this, with a plist identical to yours, the PCIRootUID=1 actually makes booting worse, it hangs at macosxswapon_success, with it set to =0 it boots fine, but freezes approximately 15 seconds after login.

Sounds like the problem is with the fakesmc. This is similar to a problem I had initially with the same MB (v 1.1) and HD3000 onboard graphics. Would suggest booting from the unibeast installer which will give you a plain vanilla fakesmc. Either in terminal from safe mode, delete the fakesmc in /S/L/E and re-run Multibeast without the hardware monitoring tools plugins.
And of course, boot with -x -v to see where the problem occurs.

Sorry, are you referring to both our problems or just one of us?

Hi, I wouldn't go for beta level bios updates, do you have a screen grab or photo of your -v boot with the

line? There may be more critical information to help work out your issue.

Sorry guys,

I go out of country a lot. I will do clean install this Sat when I return. I feel this board needs it's own DSDT! Thanks, Ed

Sorry guys,

I go out of country a lot. I will do clean install this Sat when I return. I feel this board needs it's own DSDT! Thanks, Ed

Hey EC, before you carry out a fresh install, can you restart with a -v flag and post a photo of where it stops? This will help ensure that you're not going to waste time with a reinstall only to find the same problem. Most of the time it's one or two things that have been overlooked which are easy to fix once found.

You may be right about the Rev 1.1 needing a DSDT as I've seen quite a few people have problems with it, although it may not necessarily be because of the board.

:beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back