Contribute
Register

Help configuring OpenCore for Gigabyte Z390 + i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate your help by the way. If it'd be easier I could connect on Slack if you'd prefer..
but this is fine too (maybe others will benefit from my stupidity)

Great. Now that I'm not following a step-by-step guide and am obviously unfamiliar with this, how exactly do I tell OpenCore to use those aml files? And the kexts? (or anything else for that matter).

Appreciate your help by the way. If it'd be easier I can invite you on my Slack channel, but maybe others will benefit from following the thread.

Private communication even via private messages within the forum are against the rules here...

Please try booting from this OpenCore EFI.

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore 0.5.6 Z390.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 152
Great. Now that I'm not following a step-by-step guide and am obviously unfamiliar with this, how exactly do I tell OpenCore to use those aml files? And the kexts? (or anything else for that matter).

Appreciate your help by the way. If it'd be easier I can invite you on my Slack channel, but maybe others will benefit from following the thread.
hence the private communications rule....

you will see in your config.plist regarding patched files that you can enable or disable, the same with the kexts, you will see that in the sample.plist from opencore

My bad, never mind on that then.

With the file you sent, I'm back at one of my original questions about the READ ME stating I need to fill in with the MAC address, but as you mentioned, I shouldn't do that because I'm doing my own thing.
I've setup a lot in Windows for the OpenCore thing.. I just need to know how to point the config.plist to the amls and kexts or whatever else.

Or, I can try booting from what you just sent, but then do I need to change the MAC address?

hence the private communications rule....
Yes sorry sorry, I have seen slack channels on other page I've looked to for information and crossed my rules. Apologies. Not trying to get private with anyone anymore.

My bad, never mind on that then.

With the file you sent, I'm back at one of my original questions about the READ ME stating I need to fill in with the MAC address, but as you mentioned, I shouldn't do that because I'm doing my own thing.
I've setup a lot in Windows for the OpenCore thing.. I just need to know how to point the config.plist to the amls and kexts or whatever else.

Or, I can try booting from what you just sent, but then do I need to change the MAC address?

Find the MAC address of your motherboard ethernet and enter it there.

I already have the config.plist set up to load the aml files and kexts.

To tell OpenCore which aml files to use, enter it in to config.plist > ACPI > add.

To tell OpenCore which kexts to use, enter it in to config.plist > Kernel > add.

Te tell OpenCore which drivers to use, enter it in to config.plist > UEFI > Drivers.

As a side note, OpenCore is very noob-unfriendly. For first time hackintoshers, Clover is probably a much better choice due to its ease of use and a availability of Clover Configurator.

As a side note, OpenCore is very noob-unfriendly. For first time hackintoshers, Clover is probably a much better choice due to its ease of use and a availability of Clover Configurator.
Haha no kidding. I was aware of this, but not to this extent. Read too many pages that said Clover is outdated, that OpenCore is the future, more stable, faster, etc. And if you don't mind a little bit more work, go with OpenCore.
And here I am, totally confused.

Haha no kidding. I was aware of this, but not to this extent. Read too many pages that said Clover is outdated, that OpenCore is the future, more stable, faster, etc. And if you don't mind a little bit more work, go with OpenCore.
And here I am, totally confused.

All indications point towards OpenCore supplanting Clover as the de facto standard of the future. However, as of today, Clover is still very relevant and still works great.

Find the MAC address of your motherboard ethernet and enter it there.

I already have the config.plist set up to load the aml files and kexts.

To tell OpenCore which aml files to use, enter it in to config.plist > ACPI > add.

To tell OpenCore which kexts to use, enter it in to config.plist > Kernel > add.

Te tell OpenCore which drivers to use, enter it in to config.plist > UEFI > Drivers.

When I open my config.plist with ProperTree and I select "OC Clean Snapshot" and select the OC folder on my usb drive named "BOOT" it seems to automatically add the aml's, kexts, and drivers.

I compared my files to yours in what you sent me though, and you have several extra things that I do not have.
Do you think it best to just use yours and add my MAC address? Is that all I'd have to do? (does it include the macOS installer and all?)

Basically, if I want to use what you sent me, I need to know how:
1. What do I modify (only the MAC address)?
2. How do I put it on a USB drive? (what format, what folder hierchy)
3. Is there any other step I need to take before I plug it into the PC and attempt to install macOS?

When I open my config.plist with ProperTree and I select "OC Clean Snapshot" and select the OC folder on my usb drive named "BOOT" it seems to automatically add the aml's, kexts, and drivers.

I compared my files to yours in what you sent me though, and you have several extra things that I do not have.
Do you think it best to just use yours and add my MAC address? Is that all I'd have to do? (does it include the macOS installer and all?)

Basically, if I want to use what you sent me, I need to know how:
1. What do I modify (only the MAC address)?
2. How do I put it on a USB drive? (what format, what folder hierchy)
3. Is there any other step I need to take before I plug it into the PC and attempt to install macOS?

Yes. Just use the EFI that I posted for you. I made the appropriate changes so that it should work for you.

Enter the MAC address, Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Put the entire EFI folder in the EFI partition of your USB flash drive the same way you did it for the EFI Shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back