Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone. I installed 10.6.3 and updated to 10.6.8. I tried using the DSDT from the database but could not get the system to boot. Patching it with EasyBeast however, did work.

Unfortunately, I cannot boot without the iBoot CD and, more importantly, once I do boot I cannot install any applications. Whenever I download a file I run into a "Cannot mount disk image" error. While I don't necessarily mind having to use iBoot, I obviously need to be able to install applications.

Has anyone run into this problem before and been able to solve it? Any ideas?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Does anybody have any idea on how I can fix this? It's the only thing keeping me from a working install.

schlaboong12 said:
Hi everyone. I installed 10.6.3 and updated to 10.6.8. I tried using the DSDT from the database but could not get the system to boot. Patching it with EasyBeast however, did work.

Unfortunately, I cannot boot without the iBoot CD and, more importantly, once I do boot I cannot install any applications. Whenever I download a file I run into a "Cannot mount disk image" error. While I don't necessarily mind having to use iBoot, I obviously need to be able to install applications.

Has anyone run into this problem before and been able to solve it? Any ideas?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Try Maldon's auto-patcher.

You may need to redo the 10.6.8 combo update because of that error.

http://olarila.com/auto-patcher/aplist.pl

Is that better than Autopatcher? I tried using Autopatcher yesterday. After, it didn't pick up on my USB mouse and it still would not mount the CD's disk image. This leads me to believe that, even if I did get the mouse working, it still wouldn't be able to mount disk images.

The primary problem is the inability to mount disk images. If I have to boot the machine with iBoot for the rest of its life, it's not that big a deal but I obviously need to be able to mount disk images and install applications. Let me know what you think.

schlaboong12 said:
Is that better than Autopatcher?

It's made by the same individual.

If you aren't able to mount images then most likely your system is somehow borked and is more of an OS X issue not directly related to your PC hardware.

Try running disk repair permissions and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, I suggest you do another fresh install or Google the issue.

Tried repairing permissions, then a fresh install, and I also googled the issue. I haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks for the ideas, though.

I also just realized that, when I try to use the App Store, it tells me that my "device or computer could not be verified." Could these two issues be related? Any ideas? This is pretty frustrating stuff.

Alright, online I found that this may happen if my System.kext and Darwin Kernel versions did not match. Checking my system, I find that the System.kext is version 10.8.0 while the Darwin Kernel is version 10.5.0. Has anyone head anything about this? Do you have an idea of how I can get a matching version of either the kext or the kernel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back