Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio not working on Sapphire 6870 on Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK then thanks for your help. You got my system working twice now !!

Yes, but without your knowledge I wouldn't have been successful ! :D

Exactly which type and model of the Sapphire 6870 does this work for? Or is it for any model?

Exactly which type and model of the Sapphire 6870 does this work for? Or is it for any model?
The HDMI audio dsdt edits work for any HD6xxx graphics. My Sapphire 6870 works natively with an edited dsdt. Some HD 6870s may require a specific framebuffer edit.

Is that the DSDT for the specific motherboard? I'm currently on the lookout for a 6870 but can't find any new in the Netherlands I might have to go to ebay or another auction site. I already saw one there.

Is that the DSDT for the specific motherboard? I'm currently on the lookout for a 6870 but can't find any new in the Netherlands I might have to go to ebay or another auction site. I already saw one there.
The dsdt is always specific to the motherboard. The edits are generic for HDMI audio.

If you require edited kext for Sapphire Radeon HD 6870, message me. From what I know, these edits will only work for Sapphire 6870 and not other manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back