Graphics
Sapphire 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I finally managed to get 10.8.4 working as I had graphic errors however I still cannot get HDMI audio working.

I updated using the combo update and after the update I reapplied audio from multibeast before rebooting however once the computer restarted, HDMI audio stopped working however normal audio through the headphone jack on the computer was still working. So then I tried recreating the dsdt following this guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/100492-easy-guide-ml-uefi-hdmi-audio-2.html

This is what I done -
1 - Boot using DSDT=null so that I'm working with a clean DSDT
2 - Configure MaciASL by adding the link into sources
3 - Applied the clean compile patch
4 - Applied Desktop-HD4K/HD3K/AMD/Nvidia-A3 - HD4000 HDMI audio dsdt edits
5 - Saved the DSDT and placed it into the extra folder

Once I done this and restarted, I couldn't boot as it gave me an error so I tried putting the original dsdt back so that I could boot however now when I apply any dsdt, the computer is always at the screen with the apple logo and the spinning wheel and it constantly keeps spinning so not the only way to boot is to use DSDT=null or remove the dsdt but then i get no audio what so ever.

I am uploading both the original DSDT and the one after editing so can you please check if I've made a mistake. I couldn't find a patch for my motherboard (AsRock Z77 Pro4-M) so I couldn't apply it to my DSDT. I have also uploaded IOReg file which is when I booted with DSDT=null as that was the only way to boot.

Your help will be appreciated !!
:thumbup:

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 87

Once I done this and restarted, I couldn't boot as it gave me an error so I tried putting the original dsdt back so that I could boot however now when I apply any dsdt, the computer is always at the screen with the apple logo and the spinning wheel and it constantly keeps spinning so not the only way to boot is to use DSDT=null or remove the dsdt but then i get no audio what so ever.
The IOReg is corrupt. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg
It is not clear what is happening. What happens when you install the Original dsdt?
Where did the original dsdt.aml come from?
How did you get the original dsdt.aml to compile successfully?

The original DSDT was the one I made using your help some time ago - http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/68977-hdmi-audio-asrock-pro4-m-sapphire-6870-a.html#post445622

When I install the original DSDT, OS X get stuck at the spinning wheel and apple logo at boot.

I tried recreating the dsdt because i have upgraded my bios which might have caused problems but it worked fine in 10.8.0 with the new bios (BTW I upgraded from 10.8.0 to 10.8.4 so could that have caused problems?)

I followed this tutorial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Iq6Pk5bAs and made this dsdt (View attachment dsdt.aml.zip) which allows me to boot and I see the audio ports in system profiler but not in settings so its weird (Have uploaded a pic).

How do I save the ioreg? Do I just click on file and then save without any extension?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 15.16.40.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 15.16.40.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 284
After many restarts, now the system boots using the original dsdt which I create some time ago. This DSDT was edited to work with HDMI audio and it worked well in 10.8.0 however using the same dsdt in 10.8.4 and the hdmi audio doesn't work. I can use onboard audio however hdmi audio doesn't work. I have uploaded the dsdt however I couldn't create a IOReg file because I cannot open IOReg as it just crashes.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 89
I tried recreating the dsdt because i have upgraded my bios which might have caused problems but it worked fine in 10.8.0 with the new bios (BTW I upgraded from 10.8.0 to 10.8.4 so could that have caused problems?)
How do I save the ioreg? Do I just click on file and then save without any extension?
Unpredictable results when using a dsdt from one BIOS version with a different version of BIOS.
Extract the dsdt from the installed BIOS.
ML Audio IDs are different than Lion Audio IDs. dsdt/HDEF/layout-id is 0x01 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. in ML
Use IOReg.app_v2.1 from [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

So do I start from scratch using a completely new dsdt or just edit the 8 numbers in my current dsdt? If i have to start from scratch can you tell me what I have to do exactly inorder to get it to work

I have attached the ioreg when the system was running the original dsdt

Thanks for helping

----------------------------EDIT-------------------------------

I checked the ioreg and it shows the correct layout id however I do not know why it isn't working or if i'm just missing something

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    577.4 KB · Views: 83
So do I start from scratch using a completely new dsdt or just edit the 8 numbers in my current dsdt? If i have to start from scratch can you tell me what I have to do exactly inorder to get it to work
The native dsdt is different; changing edits values doesn't change the native dsdt. Start from scratch. Use [Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio. The IOReg does not show an HDMI device connected to the 6870.

So is this what I do -

1- Boot using DSDT=null
2- Configure MaciASL by adding the sources
3- Apply clean compile patch
4- Apply Desktop-AMD/Nvidia-A1 patch (Or should I use the A3 patch which should also enable hdmi audio for hd4000)
5- Compile and save
6- Put it in Extras folder

I will try this and upload the dsdt and ioreg after completing. Please correct me if Im missing a step or doing something wrong.

I do not know why the ioreg doesn't show a hdmi connection because thats how im connected to my tv

Ok so I done followed the steps I wrote in my last comment and I was able to boot successfully however I can see HDMI audio in System Profiler however there isn't an option to select it in sound settings which is weird. I have attached the new dsdt with ioreg and also a screenshot of System Profiler and Sound Settings. Could it be that OS X doesn't recognise a connection with the HDMI port (as it wasn't there in ioreg) and therefore not allowing the user to select HDMI audio output? Could you tell me how to check if it detects HDMI in ioreg so i can check myself and try figure this out

Also would it be better if I redone this process using the A3 patch so if I ever go to hd4000 I would have hdmi audio.

Thanks for replying

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    581.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 00.41.03.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 00.41.03.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 180
OK I've found this for av-signal-type from one of your older posts -

02 00 00 00 LVDS (laptop display)
00 02 00 00 DVI
00 04 00 00 DP
00 08 00 00 HDMI
00 01 00 00 VGA?

Is this still relavant for 10.8.4 and also in the IOReg it shows 02 00 00 00 so how can I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back