Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio not working on Sapphire 6870 on Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done those edits to the A1 dsdt and it boots fine however I cannot test HD4000 Audio because it doesn't fully load (Intel HD 4000 64mb). I have uploaded both the DSDT and IOReg which the dsdt used for boot.
Change sysdef to macmini6,x or imac13,x or macbookpro9,x or macbookpro10,x. When you change to an Ivy Bridge sysdef, OS X power management must be enabled, see ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management. If you boot with HD4000, that is your main display; HD6870 would need another display and anything run from that display would use 6870 resources.

OK Thanks Im not really going to use hd4000 so I'll just stay as I am right now. I want to try out Clover bootloader so do you know how I can change from Chimera which I'm on right now to Clover?

Do you know why sleep stopped working? And is the new dsdt fine ?

Do you know if it is possible so that the audio output automatically changes to the front audio of pc when headphones are plugged in. This is because mainly I use HDMI audio through my screen which is a tv but sometimes I also plug headphones (fron of case) and I have to manually switch settings every time I plug in headphones and also when I take it out. Is there a way to get this to be done automatically?

Is there a way to get this to be done automatically?
No. Headphones automatically mute only the rear green port. Suggest leaving the headphones plugged in, hold the Option key, mouse click the speaker icon in the menu bar and select headphones as the output audio device. Use same procedure to select HDMI audio.

Thats weird because I remember that once I got 10.8.4 fully working, it used to actually automatically switch from front headphone jack to hdmi audio and vice versa. And then I tried doing some testing with different DSDT's and it stopped. And now I cannot get it to work. Thanks for the tip anyway, the option click trick will save a lot of time :thumbup:

Thats weird because I remember that once I got 10.8.4 fully working, it used to actually automatically switch from front headphone jack to hdmi audio and vice versa. And then I tried doing some testing with different DSDT's and it stopped.
dsdt has nothing to do with audio devices. Headphones had priority in 10.8; that "feature" was removed in 10.8.2 and not available since.

Ah, maybe I was booted into my 10.8 drive when it worked. Is there an application that will do this?

Now Im having a weird glitch which I think is Graphics Card related. When I install any application, the next time I boot, I get stuck at the spinning apple logo and then I still haven't figured out how to solve it. The weird thing is that it boots using hd4000 but not with 6870. Also, quicktime freezes when playing a video. No one else seems to be having this issue so thought I would ask.

Also, I tried the HDMI and front audio and it seems to be switching automatically, I have uploaded a video. I dont know if this was one time luck or permanent since the next time I booted I get boot loop (is that the correct term?). In the video I just plug and unplug the headphones and the sound output seems to switch.

Thanks

Attachments

• Audio Working.mp4.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
Now Im having a weird glitch which I think is Graphics Card related. When I install any application, the next time I boot, I get stuck at the spinning apple logo and then I still haven't figured out how to solve it. The weird thing is that it boots using hd4000 but not with 6870. Also, quicktime freezes when playing a video. No one else seems to be having this issue so thought I would ask.
Boot: -v (verbose). Take a picture of when the boot hangs and attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back