Contribute
Register

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran the new disassemble.sh and got an "unknown command: -dl" error. I copied the patchmatic binary to usr/local/bin/patchmatic. I feel like I'm being stupid again. When I run the makefile under RehabMan-acpica it returns: line 14: syntax error near unexpected toekn '$(OS),efi'

You need to use the version of iasl linked in the README.

still get 5 errors after 'make'

not sure if they matter though. the errors are

Name already exists in scope
Result is not used, operator has no effect
Result is not used
Result is not used

still get 5 errors after 'make'

not sure if they matter though. the errors are

Result is not used, operator has no effect
Result is not used
Result is not used

They matter... You must be doing something wrong.

Double check your work.

Ok, Ive got Yosemite booting from SSD with Clover bootloader (was pretty happy to get that to work), and have WiFi properly configured, a battery meter up top (has an X over it, but its there), and display options button. I ran the Vietnam utility and probably installed more than I needed. In my About This Mac it says the HD 4600 only has 7mb. Before, on my clean install of Yosemite, i had the full memory listed. I'm also now experiencing some bad screen flicker in chrome and slow mouse movement and typing response overall. I tried updating the Java drivers as that solved my problem in the vanilla install, but no such luck this time. Any thoughts?

Ok, Ive got Yosemite booting from SSD with Clover bootloader (was pretty happy to get that to work), and have WiFi properly configured, a battery meter up top (has an X over it, but its there), and display options button. I ran the Vietnam utility and probably installed more than I needed. In my About This Mac it says the HD 4600 only has 7mb. Before, on my clean install of Yosemite, i had the full memory listed. I'm also now experiencing some bad screen flicker in chrome and slow mouse movement and typing response overall. I tried updating the Java drivers as that solved my problem in the vanilla install, but no such luck this time. Any thoughts?

Read applicable sticky threads here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

How do i do it today? I have an 4790, 16gb ram, MSI z97 Gaming 7 and MSI gtx 970
It just flashes when i try to boot! Thanks

Thanks Soooooo much! Now thats passed. Now its just stuck when i try to load the install :( :(:(

Further desktop questions should be posted to the appropriate desktop forum.

Haswell kernel panic on HP pavillion 15 p045tx

Heyy rehabman am kind off new to this forum so pleae bear with my noobness :mrgreen:
So i've made an installer using unibeast for yosemite
i was stuck with the early reboot problem...
but that got fixed when i patched the kernel file using your patch for yosemite
but now it shows a kernel panic and never gets to the apple logo grey screen

i have an intel Core i7-4510 CPU at 2.00 GHz 2.60 GHz
8 GB RAM , Nvidia 830m 2 GB and Intel HD Graphics family 20150119_225746.jpg
i,ve attached a snapshot of the error screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back