Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks that the migration is almost as complicated as reinstalling the whole system :D

I will keep trying for a few days and do a reinstall if nothing works.

Your config.plist is not per guide (seems like you have some strange edits there... for example "Item 2" in KextsToPatch... I don't know if that is a problem or not for Clover).

Clearly something is wrong with your clone... I would clone as I mentioned. It is not difficult.

You mean the Second Item or you've found the text: "Item 2" in my config.plist?

The first Clover folder is from the new and closed drive, now I have attached it from the old drive which boots fine.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
You mean the Second Item or you've found the text: "Item 2" in my config.plist?

If you look at the config.plist in Xcode, what I wrote is clear.

The first Clover folder is from the new and closed drive, now I have attached it from the old drive which boots fine.

If you copied one to the other, they should be identical.

Using Clonezilla in RAW (dd) mode cloned the entire disk successfully. The only thing was to add Clover to UEFI boot table. Thanks anyways.
I might do a proper install with Sierra :D

Using Clonezilla in RAW (dd) mode cloned the entire disk successfully. The only thing was to add Clover to UEFI boot table. Thanks anyways.
I might do a proper install with Sierra :D

I would not advise using dd to clone to an SSD.
By doing so you're making unnecessary writes to the SSD (since unallocated LBAs are written).

Thank you. The .plist was corrupted, don't know how that happened but it was a simple fix :)

Never edit config.plist with a text editor and you'll avoid that problem in the future.

Always use a plist editor (such as Xcode, or PlistEdit Pro).

Hello,

I have some questions before I start.

First of all I would like to ask about BIOS. My Y50-70 have 3.03 BIOS. According to guide I need 1.14 or older to even start with this guide.
What should I ask about in bios-mods.com ? If someone can build me a BIOS 1.14 for my Y50-70?

- UEFI boot is enabled
- secure boot is disabled
- enable Legacy Boot (but UEFI first) and you may experience less boot time glitches

Well, UEFI boot enabled and Legacy Boot are mutually exclusive.
I bet that it should be LEGACY boot enabled, secure boot disabled and enable UEFI first.

Well, UEFI boot enabled and Legacy Boot are mutually exclusive.

No.

Most BIOS allow both to be enabled. Then one or the other is set as priority.

Hey guys, I've managed to install El Capitan and dual boot it with Windows 10 with clover - works like a charm. But I couldn't find any guidance on how to enable/fix the audio and the screen brightness. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back