Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo guys, did some tinkering recently and seems I accidentally deleted the recovery partition for OSX, and logged in for the first time after a few days and I noticed my sound isn't working. Tried updating clover, re-downloading and applying all patches with reboot and nothing works. Is it possible that its broken because of the missing recovery? If its because of this is it possible to flash just the recovery? Thanks.

Make sure you read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".

If still not working following the cache rebuild procedure, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Last edited:
Try to boot without cashes.

(Press space in Clover when you select "Boot from Macintosh HD")

I wrote that I tried that fix from the first post.

You did not. This is what you wrote:
Yo guys, did some tinkering recently and seems I accidentally deleted the recovery partition for OSX, and logged in for the first time after a few days and I noticed my sound isn't working. Tried updating clover, re-downloading and applying all patches with reboot and nothing works. Is it possible that its broken because of the missing recovery? If its because of this is it possible to flash just the recovery? Thanks.

And there still are no "Problem Reporting" files attached.

I have purchased a new SSD and cloned all of the partitons from the old one to the new. Windows was able to boot from the new SSD. There I added Clover to UEFI with EasyUEFI. After restart Clover worked just great, but now OSX hangs with:

"Waiting on .... boot-uuid-media ..."

I would suggest that OSX has some configuration which contains the old SSD's uuid and searches for that. Any idea, how I could resolve this problem?

I have purchased a new SSD and cloned all of the partitons from the old one to the new. Windows was able to boot from the new SSD. There I added Clover to UEFI with EasyUEFI. After restart Clover worked just great, but now OSX hangs with:

"Waiting on .... boot-uuid-media ..."

I would suggest that OSX has some configuration which contains the old SSD's uuid and searches for that. Any idea, how I could resolve this problem?

Don't forget to copy your EFI/Clover folder to the EFI folder on the new SSD.

Yes I have done a complete Disk Clone so every file should be the same on the new drive.

Yes I have done a complete Disk Clone so every file should be the same on the new drive.

No idea what you mean by "Disk Clone". Disk Utility will not clone the EFI partition.

In any case, you should verify your EFI partition is as called for by post #1.

If you think everything is fine...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Installed a partition manager program on a bootable flashdrive.
Inserted the new SSD into an USB-SATA converter.
Booted the flashdrive.
Done a sector by sector copy of the old SSD onto the new one.

Installed a partition manager program on a bootable flashdrive.
Inserted the new SSD into an USB-SATA converter.
Booted the flashdrive.
Done a sector by sector copy of the old SSD onto the new one.

It is not what I would do...
I would:
- repartition new SSD with Disk Utility
- copy EFI from old SSD
- fix EFI/Microsoft with BCDBOOT.EXE
- clone any NTFS partitions with gparted
- clone any HFS+J partitions with Disk Utility

In any case, you should verify your EFI partition is as called for by post #1.

If you think everything is fine...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

It looks that the migration is almost as complicated as reinstalling the whole system :D

I will keep trying for a few days and do a reinstall if nothing works.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 75
  • verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back