Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.10.3 works great! It's not very relevant, but I have the same language issue with audio, too. It works without problems, but on a German OS X I have Norwegian words (or simliar?!) for headphone an line out I think. Regardless very good work! Thanks
- Ops, too slow, it was already mentioned - nevertheless thanks!

...but on a German OS X I have Norwegian words (or simliar?!) for headphone an line out I think.

Do a fresh install. Report back the result.

I wonder if the AppleHDA injector (AppleHDA_ALC283.kext) needs links to all the *.lproj files from Resources (injector -> native AppleHDA).

You should try it:
Code:
# I use spanish just as example
sudo ln -s /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Spanish.lproj /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext/Contents/Resources/Spanish.lproj

Thanks for your help. Before I copying/pasting your code I've looked up into "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/" manually. You should be becalmed. My AppleHDA is Vanilla and it seems there is only no.lproj (Norwegian) in there. No other stuff for languages. Maybe Apple worked faulty? Seems your patch is just ok. Fresh install - uhm... when there is enough time :)

Thanks for your help. Before I copying/pasting your code I've looked up into "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/" manually. You should be becalmed. My AppleHDA is Vanilla and it seems there is only no.lproj (Norwegian) in there. No other stuff for languages. Maybe Apple worked faulty? Seems your patch is just ok. Fresh install - uhm... when there is enough time :)

Your AppleHDA.kext is not vanilla.

Code:
Speedy-OSX:~ RehabMan$ ls /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/
Dutch.lproj		layout19.xml.zlib	layout72.xml.zlib
English.lproj		layout2.xml.zlib	layout73.xml.zlib
French.lproj		layout20.xml.zlib	layout74.xml.zlib
German.lproj		layout21.xml.zlib	layout75.xml.zlib
Italian.lproj		layout24.xml.zlib	layout76.xml.zlib
Japanese.lproj		layout27.xml.zlib	layout77.xml.zlib
Platforms.xml.zlib	layout28.xml.zlib	layout78.xml.zlib
Spanish.lproj		layout29.xml.zlib	layout79.xml.zlib
ar.lproj		layout3.xml.zlib	layout80.xml.zlib
ca.lproj		layout31.xml.zlib	layout81.xml.zlib
cs.lproj		layout32.xml.zlib	layout82.xml.zlib
da.lproj		layout33.xml.zlib	layout83.xml.zlib
el.lproj		layout35.xml.zlib	layout84.xml.zlib
es_MX.lproj		layout36.xml.zlib	layout85.xml.zlib
fi.lproj		layout38.xml.zlib	layout86.xml.zlib
he.lproj		layout39.xml.zlib	layout88.xml.zlib
hr.lproj		layout4.xml.zlib	layout9.xml.zlib
hu.lproj		layout40.xml.zlib	layout90.xml.zlib
id.lproj		layout42.xml.zlib	layout91.xml.zlib
ko.lproj		layout44.xml.zlib	layout92.xml.zlib
layout0.xml.zlib	layout46.xml.zlib	layout93.xml.zlib
layout1.xml.zlib	layout48.xml.zlib	layout94.xml.zlib
layout10.xml.zlib	layout5.xml.zlib	layout95.xml.zlib
layout100.xml.zlib	layout50.xml.zlib	layout98.xml.zlib
layout107.xml.zlib	layout53.xml.zlib	layout99.xml.zlib
layout108.xml.zlib	layout56.xml.zlib	ms.lproj
layout11.xml.zlib	layout58.xml.zlib	[B]no.lproj[/B]
layout113.xml.zlib	layout59.xml.zlib	pl.lproj
layout114.xml.zlib	layout6.xml.zlib	pt.lproj
layout12.xml.zlib	layout60.xml.zlib	pt_PT.lproj
layout120.xml.zlib	layout61.xml.zlib	ro.lproj
layout121.xml.zlib	layout62.xml.zlib	ru.lproj
layout122.xml.zlib	layout63.xml.zlib	sk.lproj
layout123.xml.zlib	layout64.xml.zlib	sv.lproj
layout124.xml.zlib	layout65.xml.zlib	th.lproj
layout125.xml.zlib	layout66.xml.zlib	tr.lproj
layout13.xml.zlib	layout67.xml.zlib	uk.lproj
layout16392.xml.zlib	layout69.xml.zlib	vi.lproj
layout16394.xml.zlib	layout7.xml.zlib	zh_CN.lproj
layout17.xml.zlib	layout70.xml.zlib	zh_TW.lproj
layout18.xml.zlib	layout71.xml.zlib

Update on audio "Known Problems"

I've done some more experimenting with CodecCommander and have discovered the exact conditions that "lost audio after sleep" and "lost headphone jack sense" occur.

Lost audio after sleep:
- CodecCommander Perform Reset=false
- let audio device enter idle (D3cold state: ./ps_dump.sh will show all 0xFFFFFFFF response)
- initiate sleep (no need to wait for full sleep)
- wake
- note that audio is working (and headphone jack sense)
- let audio device enter idle again
- wake the audio device (by playing audio)
result: No audio until next sleep/wake cycle.
conclusion: initiating sleep when audio device is in D3cold/idle state will cause eventual loss of audio post-wake

Note: Perform Reset=true fixes the problem above, but causes "lost headphone jack sense", described below.

Lost headphone jack sense:
- CodecCommander Perform Reset=true
- initiate sleep (no need to wait for full sleep)
- wake
result: jack sense lost. No jack sense until next reboot (perhaps cold only)
conclusion: resetting the codec fixes the lost audio problem, but causes headphone jack sense problem

No fix known yet.

I'm going to look at how VoodooHDA handles headphone jack sense to see if it offers any clues on this. Or even if I could get HDMI-audio working with VoodooHDA, it would make VoodooHDA an attractive alternative to AppleHDA. The advantage of VoodooHDA is we have all the source and can fix it. Note that VoodooHDA does not implement audio device power management (resulting in excess power usage), so there is work to be done there even if HDMI-audio can be solved.

Thanks a million Rehabman for this guide and others. I recently gave my DELL 7437 to my brother and got a U430. The automated installation that you've devised worked flawlessly without a hitch. I also purchased a BCM94352HMB wireless card that did not work at first on the old BIOS (7CCN12WW), but worked after I updated to 7CCN62WW. Everything else is perfect apart from the known little audio niggles.

Thanks again.

Thanks a million Rehabman for this guide and others. I recently gave my DELL 7437 to my brother and got a U430. The automated installation that you've devised worked flawlessly without a hitch. I also purchased a BCM94352HMB wireless card that did not work at first on the old BIOS (7CCN12WW), but worked after I updated to 7CCN62WW. Everything else is perfect apart from the known little audio niggles.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the (positive) feedback!

Hi there,

first of all, thanks so much RehabMan for the nice guide and all the help you give.

I tried the install on a fresh Lenovo u430 Touch (the one listed below) - followed the guide, createinstallmedia failed at the end so fell back on BaseBinaries method, deleting all partitions and making a single Mac OS X (Journaled) partition to install the system. It boots OK, install progresses OK, but at the very end of the install fails with:

"OSX could not be installed on your computer - The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk. Quite the installer to restart your computer and try again".

Re-booting, Clover gives options to boot now on the target partition and a recovery partition
  • booting on target partition fails with two last lines being "/etc/rc.installer_cleanup: No such file or directory" and "No interval found for . Using 8000000"
  • booting from recovery lands on OS X install screen with options of re-installing (but that doesn't work)

Not sure what causes that? My level of knowledge of hackintoshes is rather low, but I think I saw you Rehabman mention something about the Lenovo recovery partition being hidden somewhere, since this is a SSHD 500+8Gb. Indeed the disk mounted on root before being stuck while booting on the target partition is /dev/rdisk0s2, perhaps some options or special Clover config is needed to take that into account - reaching the end of my current understanding here...

Any thoughts much appreciated!
Best
H.

Laptop: Lenovo U430 Touch, i5-4210U, BCM94352HMB, SSHD 500+8GB, BIOS version 7CCN62WW, Graphics Intel HD4400 1600x900

Hi there,

first of all, thanks so much RehabMan for the nice guide and all the help you give.

I tried the install on a fresh Lenovo u430 Touch (the one listed below) - followed the guide, createinstallmedia failed at the end so fell back on BaseBinaries method, deleting all partitions and making a single Mac OS X (Journaled) partition to install the system. It boots OK, install progresses OK, but at the very end of the install fails with:

"OSX could not be installed on your computer - The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk. Quite the installer to restart your computer and try again".

Re-booting, Clover gives options to boot now on the target partition and a recovery partition
  • booting on target partition fails with two last lines being "/etc/rc.installer_cleanup: No such file or directory" and "No interval found for . Using 8000000"
  • booting from recovery lands on OS X install screen with options of re-installing (but that doesn't work)

Not sure what causes that? My level of knowledge of hackintoshes is rather low, but I think I saw you Rehabman mention something about the Lenovo recovery partition being hidden somewhere, since this is a SSHD 500+8Gb. Indeed the disk mounted on root before being stuck while booting on the target partition is /dev/rdisk0s2, perhaps some options or special Clover config is needed to take that into account - reaching the end of my current understanding here...

Any thoughts much appreciated!
Best
H.

Laptop: Lenovo U430 Touch, i5-4210U, BCM94352HMB, SSHD 500+8GB, BIOS version 7CCN62WW, Graphics Intel HD4400 1600x900

This guide calls for a repartition. Did you do it?

If 'createinstallmedia' is failing, it indicates your copy of Yosemite is damaged. Re-download from the Mac App Store. And create your USB on real hardware (not a VM).

Hi Rehabman

yes I repartitioned with Disk Utility - very simply wiping out everything and ending up with one partition on the disk, Mac OS X (journaled) formatted of 500GB.

USB was created on a real MacBook pro. The createinstallmedia did not fail at creation, it created the USB alright, started Phase 1 install, but at the very end (after the long 'a second remaining') it failed saying it could not install (might have been the same problem, was late last night). Afterwards creating the BaseBinaries USB, included CRC checks that all passed so I figured the yosemite image was OK?

Might it be because it's a SSHD (from what I understand there is a 'hidden' 8GB SSD cache)?

Cheers
H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back