Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. That is why I will try to use the exact same Notebook as you do as long as possible :lol:

I'm still amazed how easy a system update can be accepted using Clover. However, I've lost sound twice now with an update, even though the injector kext had still been present but a reinstallation via "install_downloads.sh" always fixed that.

Another thing I noticed today: When I try to set up a computer-to-computer (ad-hoc) network it does not give me any options regarding security. The only thing I can choose is the channel. But the worst thing is: The ad-hoc network is not visible to any other WiFi-enabled device I own. What do you think: Is that a driver-related problem or am I doing sth. wrong here?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the update. That is why I will try to use the exact same Notebook as you do as long as possible :lol:

I'm still amazed how easy a system update can be accepted using Clover. However, I've lost sound twice now with an update, even though the injector kext had still been present but a reinstallation via "install_downloads.sh" always fixed that.

Yes, this is a problem inherent in the way the AppleHDA_ALC283.kext injector works (how all AppleHDA injectors work). The method is really not compliant with Apple guidelines, so it is a little unreliable. Fixing it is as simple as executing the steps mentioned in "Known Problems".

Another thing I noticed today: When I try to set up a computer-to-computer (ad-hoc) network it does not give me any options regarding security. The only thing I can choose is the channel. But the worst thing is: The ad-hoc network is not visible to any other WiFi-enabled device I own. What do you think: Is that a driver-related problem or am I doing sth. wrong here?

I've never used that feature... See how it works on a real Mac and compare.

I've just re-read the whole Post #1 and saw it in known problems: Everything about lost audio is said.

### strange: I've just updated the git repostiories and repatched the DSDT/SSDT along with downloading and installing script in u430 repo.

After that I DO have the option of security creating a WiFi hotspot. (I need it to drop Files from my Android phone to the notebook without a WLAN in reach) => fixed!

The Line-Out is still visible in the SystemPreferences. I guess that is normal? Or does that show that my injector hasn't been updated?

The Line-Out is still visible in the SystemPreferences. I guess that is normal? Or does that show that my injector hasn't been updated?

Your injector is not up-to-date.

Make sure you 'git pull', then ./install_downloads.sh or even 'make install_hda'.

Yes!!!

The problem with the headphone jack detect seems to be fixed by CodecCommander.kext v2.3.2.

You can get it from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander, or use ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

After some more reading of the Intel HDA spec, and some reading of the VoodooHDA source code, I managed to determine which verb needed sending after a reset to re-enable headphone jack sense (it was 0x21 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83. Which enables unsolicited responses on the headphone jack.

Please test and provide feedback. I have tested only a few times...

So far so good Rehabman. Awesome work yet again!

So far so good Rehabman. Awesome work yet again!

Thanks for the feedback... I'm fairly convinced the headphone audio problems are behind us. So much that I've removed it from the "Known Problems".

Thanks for the reply - after a new ./install_downloads the line-out is gone :clap:.

By the way, I can confirm iMessage and FaceTime are working (though I haven't tested video quality yet) if (AND ONLY IF) you follow the "How to Fix iMessage" guide very carefully. I know it's long but take your time and read it, because you have to understand how the OS X S/N, SmUUID and platform_uuid work together.

Please also be aware that it's best to hard-unplug your WiFi if you successfully use your self generated UUID values in the clover config BUT HAVE TO BOOT FROM THE INSTALLATION KEY!

Once you boot from that key, your values are not injected (because your clover config is not used) and you will be immediately logged out of iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud. Apple does recognize this strange hackintosh behaviour: on a real mac the UUID values would never change. They might re-secure their iMessage security token stuff again that logged all the hackintoshers out.

So please: If you use injected values and iMessage: Don't just switch off WiFi before booting from your installer key as it is not a very safe method. It's better to switch off your router for five minutes and not risk Apple locking us all out again.

It's better to switch off your router for five minutes and not risk Apple locking us all out again.

Thanks for this info! I did that before updating DSDT with USB-Key. With this way, it is (and feels) way more safe.

@RehabMan: Just updated with your newest patches. Everything works great. No more audio/headphone problems so far and "Lineout" is gone as you intended, too. So thank you for your hard work! I don't see problems anymore except for card-reader (no problem for me) and my touchpad, which sadly is the ELAN version - but I know you cannot help with this one (closed-source).

... and my touchpad, which sadly is the ELAN version - but I know you cannot help with this one (closed-source).

Ask the author to open the source. I've asked a couple of times. And all I get is stalling. If more people ask, the author may take action.

Awesome work Rehabman ! :thumbup:
Awesome guide ! :clap:

Thanks a lot!!!!

All works perfect for me following simply your guide. (Except the card reader... Any hope?)

Just one question about EFI:I installed my U430 with 3 partitions to dual boot with Win 8.1.
After starting on Windows, this is no longer clover that manages the boot.
As seen on the forums, I rename Bootmgfw.efi and replaced by CLOVERX64.efi I renames Bootmgfw.efi.
This works well until I restarts under Windows. After, no more CLOVER.... I have to redo the replacement file.
One way to prevent windows edit these files ???

Sorry for poor english language...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back