Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to Sierra this evening. Went pretty smooth. I followed Tony's guide here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/
I was going the same link as You but updating leads me to kernel panic, just in the moment I want to boot macOS Sierra for the first time.
The build is like Jerrivalu (no overclocked, with Samsung 950 m.2 NVMe).
I boot macOS without cache and loading kexts (firs screen photo)
And boot txt shows (second screen photo):
OSMMetaClass: Kext com.apple.lakit.IONVMeFamily class IONVMeBlockStorageDevice is a duplicate: kext com.apple.hack.Hackr.NVMeFamily already has a class by that name

Hmmm it probably means I'm loading the kext two times?
Which one, and what am I doing wrong?
Screen 1

Screen 2
Best regards
Jtheom

Hey everyone,

I have a mysterious problem. I upgraded to sierra, after missing out a couple of instructions, and fixing things, I managed to get it running on my system.

However, after some combination of settings changes, my front panel USB3 can only function as USB2. The BIOS/Clover recognises the hardware ok; it offers to boot off the external USB thumbdrive. Some setting is making Sierra only recognise/initialise the USB ports as USB2.

Any help, please? Any pages known to be helpful for USB debugging?

I've tried multibeast>Drivers>USB>increase max port limit

I've tried poking around USB related settings on Clover Configurator

nothing seems to work.

Does it help to mention that I just installed a GTX950 card?

I see help is available here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

But it looks a little long and dense to wade through. Anybody know a solution ready for our boards?

Hey everyone,

I have a mysterious problem. I upgraded to sierra, after missing out a couple of instructions, and fixing things, I managed to get it running on my system.

However, after some combination of settings changes, my front panel USB3 can only function as USB2. The BIOS/Clover recognises the hardware ok; it offers to boot off the external USB thumbdrive. Some setting is making Sierra only recognise/initialise the USB ports as USB2.

Any help, please? Any pages known to be helpful for USB debugging?

I've tried multibeast>Drivers>USB>increase max port limit

I've tried poking around USB related settings on Clover Configurator

nothing seems to work.

Does it help to mention that I just installed a GTX950 card?

Hey everyone,

This is apparently an easy fix. See this page: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-new-raise-port-limit-patch-for-macos-10-12-sierra.202329/

For me, I copied the second code extract and pasted onto my config.plist as described in the page, rebooted, and everything works as magic.

I see help is available here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

But it looks a little long and dense to wade through. Anybody know a solution ready for our boards?

So i also updated today - all went fine 10.11.4 -> 10.12
I had the same USB problem as michael - but you're post fixed it also for me ;)

So i also updated today - all went fine 10.11.4 -> 10.12
I had the same USB problem as michael - but you're post fixed it also for me ;)

but apparently, there's more to it than that. the fix is only temporary, and a permanent solution is more involved. I haven't yet got time to research it though.

I started badly.
Start unibeast, apple logo and half load, black screen.

I have tried several USB ports

It can be problem version. 10.11.6?

should use efi mounter v3? as it used?

Thank you

GA Z170X UD5 TH

i5 6500

DDR4 2x8gb Crucial Sport lt 2400

Gracias

Last edited:
I followed this guide (with almost identical HW) and have a couple of small problems I am hoping people can help with.

1. First, sound works great, until the computer sleeps, then when it wakes there is no sound. I tried installing the codec commander kext but that didn't seem to work. Ideas?

2. iMessage/FT allows me to login AND receive messages but not send them. I went through the long iMessage guide and that doesn't seem to be a problem addressed in that guide.

3. Also a sleep issue...when my computer sleeps, if I have an external HD plugged in, when it wakes I get an improperly ejected error. I have my Lightroom library on a USB drive, so for Lightroom to crash everytime the computer sleeps, is pretty problematic.

Those are the main issues, otherwise the build seems to be working great...both Windows and OSX! Thanks Jerivalu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back