Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG5580.jpg
Making progress this morning....
now it seems clear that my startech is defective...

anyone could help/confirm this ?
could anyone take a screen shot of the thunderbolt software inside Windows ?
thanks
Pw8888

Hi,

great post and thanks for all the help! Everything works fine except my wifi card.
My Rig is a 6700k i7 / Gtx 660 / Samsung Evo 500 / Gigabyte z170x ud5 th Motherboard.

My wifi card is a TP Link TL- WN781ND.

What shall i do? Isn´t it supposed to work natively?

Greetings

Im running on the same MOBO and CPU as you are, did you always get a proper shutdown? Cause Im not able to shutdown or restart atm.
Yes, I have always gotten proper shutdown with this guide.

Just a note here since there are lots of people following this thread:

I finally got that Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter and it's working in El Capitan. I did an exhaustive step by step how to in addition to a User Build.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/t...3-test-build-ga-z170x-ud5-th-i5-6600k.199242/

:thumbup:

I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU FOR THIS !!!!
STEP 5: Navigate to This PC > Local Disk > Program Files (x86) > GIGABYTE > FlashTBT > FlashTBT_100
STEP 6: Run FlashTBT_100 Application

I was stuck during days... i bought a new adaptor....
now everything works perfect. i will report soon about my build !
thanks

p

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide - went and spent a bunch of money, after looking at this guide. Followed it precisely and now have a working Hackintosh. Almost as easy as buying one of my other Mac's.

Now I just need to finish up a few loose ends, and install a proper video card.

Big Thanks...

Paul

Just a note. I was having intermittent issues trying to stream media from my rig (built using this guide) to my nVidia Shield. I kept blaming the shield until i started digging deeper on my rig....turns out my NIC was flapping, sometimes a lot and sometimes a little. I can see it via my system log (grep Link\ down /private/var/log/system.log). After doing some digging it seems that lots of folks are having this issue trying to use the Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2200 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet. It appears to be a power saving problem when the CPU goes into an idle state - the NIC is being turned off too. I've switched back to the onboard Intel PCI Exp I219V2 and haven't had any more drops. I was running the latest stable driver for the E2200. Just wanted to share with the group.

So I purchased a Saphire R9 280X 3GB OC (one with the triple fans). I went to install it, plugged it in - turn the PC back on - heard the normal sounds - but nothing. No display out of the HDMI port. Shut computer down, removed from case - mobo based HDMI output works fine.

Sorry for the noob question, but everywhere I have read, these cars are supposed to work out of box... except for me, unless I've missed something?

Please help...

Thanks for this guide. I'm totally fresh to the whole Hackintosh scene, but by following this guide I was staring at my OS X desktop running on similar hardware in about 20 minutes. It took me a bit longer to work out the ssdt step, but figured it out eventually.
I had a reboot after shutdown problem, but I have reconnected my monitor with a DP cable (previous one was a DP to HDMI cable) and unchecked anything in the power saver pane in System Preferences. Last shutdown worked, so fingers crossed.
I note that whenever I power on I get the "no access" logo after clover, but if I restart it then boots. Not sure whats going on there, I just am getting used to turning it on twice.
I also have no sound. No devices showing in the preferences pane, so if anyone has some suggestions I could try, that would be much appreciated.
I really need to get the sound sorted so I can transition my Final Cut workflow off my laptop and onto this workstation.
My Hardware is the same as the guide, except I'm using 2x R9 280Xs.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back