Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question on performance/graphics for the skull canyon (nuc6i7...),
I want to replace my old 2012 mac mini i7 with the nuc6i7, should I see more
performance ? is the graphics is that better ?
did somebody run some benchmark on the nuc6i7 ? (is it stable ?)

Thanks

is the nuc6i7 is stable under osx 10.11 ? sound ? does the tunderbolt port work ?
Storage is only on m2 slot ?
how is the graphics compare to a mac mini 2012 i7 ?
do you have some geekbench number ?
I love to play games like wow or worldoftank, but the mini2012 fan start to be noisy very fast
and I need to use a small resolution.

is the nuc6i7 is stable under osx 10.11 ?
Cannot confirm it - use it for not so much time for now.
sound ? does the tunderbolt port work ?
No and No :(
how is the graphics compare to a mac mini 2012 i7 ?
Have no idea what is inside mac mini 2012... but Iris Pro 580 is comparable/faster to NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M in my MBP
do you have some geekbench number ?
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/7042378
I love to play games like wow or worldoftank, but the mini2012 fan start to be noisy very fast
Fan is ok for me, in average load it rotate with 2.8K RPM and did not recognizable for me and on heavy load it is a bit silent that MBP on the same conditions.

i am using a NUC skull canyon

it works fine when I use 'share screen' from the NUC to another mac

but when I try to get to the NUC using share screen or remote desktop from another mac, the NUC either freezes or reboots

any suggestion ?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also, please provide step-by-step instructions for reproducing the problem, so that someone else with the hardware can confirm the problem.

Uneventful update from El Capitan 11.4 to 11.5

Noticed the intermittent loss of sound and have now updated to latest project level.

Have you altered anything related to sleep? Subsequent to your last update my system wouldn't stay in sleep mode, it would flash the led orange but go straight back to blue (the monitor itself did remain in sleep). ATM it appears to be working correctly - staying in sleep mode until woken up. Will keep an eye on it.

Noticed the intermittent loss of sound and have now updated to latest project level.

It is normal to lose audio after messing with kexts (such as during an update). Must rebuild cache as per post #1, "Known Problem", "Audio".

Or are you reporting some other "intermittent loss of sound" (eg. after sleep/wake)?

Or are you reporting that the latest updates fixed some "intermittent loss of sound"? (conditions not specified)...

Have you altered anything related to sleep?

No.

it would flash the led orange but go straight back to blue (the monitor itself did remain in sleep).

Might have been wrong BIOS settings. Or even a specific device you had plugged into USB.

Last edited:
Or are you reporting that the latest updates fixed some "intermittent loss of sound"? (conditions not specified)...

Hoping so. What I was trying to convey was that I had noticed occassional loss of sound before applying your latest updates. Since the update I have had no problems but it was very intermittent.

Will monitor sleep issue. So far so good.

Hi, I was able to use the bluetooth under mac by doing this steps:
1) boot the beta test version of linux mint 18 sarah https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=217 from a live usb created under windows with rufus
2) activate the bluetooth under linux, you can see that also the wifi is working in linux
3) reboot by restarting mac and now the bluetooth works (I paired magic mouse and keyboard)

Notice that, probably similarly to the other method, if you switch off in order to use the bluetooth you need to repeat steps 1-3. I am not an expert, but if there are driver under linux for the bluetooth and for the wifi is it not possible to have them for mac?

Thanks to moderator for this useful thread.

Hi, I was able to use the bluetooth under mac by doing this steps:
1) boot the beta test version of linux mint 18 sarah https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=217 from a live usb created under windows with rufus
2) activate the bluetooth under linux, you can see that also the wifi is working in linux
3) reboot by restarting mac and now the bluetooth works (I paired magic mouse and keyboard)

Notice that, probably similarly to the other method, if you switch off in order to use the bluetooth you need to repeat steps 1-3. I am not an expert, but if there are driver under linux for the bluetooth and for the wifi is it not possible to have them for mac?

Thanks to moderator for this useful thread.

It is probably because Linux loaded firmware for the bluetooth device, so now OS X can recognize it (it has a "class driver" for bluetooth that offers limited but functional bluetooth capability).

The problem with porting Linix WiFi drivers is that Apple doesn't document the interfaces in IO80211Family.kext. As a result, any effort to create a WiFi driver would require everything involved to be created, including user interface elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back