Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Ivy Bridge HD2500 Full Resolution and QE/CI (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD2500 will never fully work. Although CI is supported (with correct ig-platform-id and fakeid), QE is not supported.

So it's totally impossible to have correct ram size and resolutions?

So it's totally impossible to have correct ram size and resolutions?

That is CI. CI is supported. But no possibility for QE..

The problem is ...... I cannot get right resolution and ram size using the guide in this post.

Wired thing is that I can run installer with smooth UI effects and in right resolutions.

HD2500 will never fully work. Although CI is supported (with correct ig-platform-id and fakeid), QE is not supported.

I noticed you mentioned fakeid. Any details?

I have only configured ig-platform-id and device properties in clover.

Done. dump is in attachment.

Attachments

• RobinQu’s Mac mini.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 145
Done. dump is in attachment.

The ig-platform-id you're injecting is invalid (you're using 0x00028870). Note AAPL,ig-platform-id in ioreg at GFX0 node: <70 88 02 00>

Graphics drivers are disabled with invalid ig-platform-id.

And no fakeid needed (looking at Info.plist for AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext).

The ig-platform-id you're injecting is invalid (you're using 0x00028870). Note AAPL,ig-platform-id in ioreg at GFX0 node: <70 88 02 00>

Graphics drivers are disabled with invalid ig-platform-id.

And no fakeid needed (looking at Info.plist for AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext).

I guess AAPL,ig-platform-id should be injected using device property.

I updated my config.plist with the exact EFI device property string and ig-platform-id in this post, and rebooted to black screen with a movable cursor.

Waited about 10 miniutes in front of black screen and nothing changed.

What's next step?

I guess AAPL,ig-platform-id should be injected using device property.

No need for device-property based injection. Most boot loaders have direct support for injecting ig-platform-id.

I updated my config.plist with the exact EFI device property string and ig-platform-id in this post, and rebooted to black screen with a movable cursor.

With Clover, use config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id.

Good idea to become familiar with the capabilities of the software you're using: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Note: The default ig-platform-id that Clover provides (0x0d220003, if not specified) with only config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true works for most desktops.

Thanks for your reply.

I should tell you I've tried to set ig-platform-id only in config.plist before I posted any question in this thread. And the result is no CI.

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 9.22.09 PM.png

I am not sure if I am setting the wrong value of ig-platform-id.

BTW, absence of ig-platform-id will trigger KP at boot time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back