Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I will try. Till today, every time I install a new software, I should rebuild cache after installing.

Installing new software/kexts is one of the things *expected* to break audio. Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".

Something is corrupting your kernel cache and causing it to be rebuilt... Probably some third party stuff you installed.

Do a fresh install for comparison.
Okay can Clover also cause this ??? Coz with pro book installer and old versions of clover i didn't have this issue,am also using the same 3rd party softwares

Okay can Clover also cause this ??? Coz with pro book installer and old versions of clover i didn't have this issue,am also using the same 3rd party softwares

Clover doesn't do anything with kernel cache. But as you install kexts (and some software may install kexts), you should plan on rebuilding cache as described in post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio". It was the same with PBI.

It has to do with hotpatching of AppleHDA, which can only be done when it is in kernel cache.

It has to do with hotpatching of AppleHDA, which can only be done when it is in kernel cache.
Thank you Let me try a fresh installation

Does Windows show a blinking power LED during sleep? If so, then your problem is entering sleep, not waking.

Make sure you disabled hibernation per guide.

For you to investigate. I don't have your computer.
Mysteriously it is working now. All I did was disable USB ports, continue, look at the ioreg file I sent you and wonder if you meant to disable Bluetooth Serial Port, knew you didn't mean to disable the USB (serial port), rebooted enabled USB in the PORTS section of the bios and rebooted.

Thanks for the good graces and general karma I guess! Unless (even tho its the newest) its just a flaky bios...

Mysteriously it is working now. All I did was disable USB ports, continue, look at the ioreg file I sent you and wonder if you meant to disable Bluetooth Serial Port, knew you didn't mean to disable the USB (serial port), rebooted enabled USB in the PORTS section of the bios and rebooted.

Thanks for the good graces and general karma I guess! Unless (even tho its the newest) its just a flaky bios...

If there are specific BIOS settings that must be changed *from default*, then please reply with details so that post #1 can be updated for others.

If there are specific BIOS settings that must be changed *from default*, then please reply with details so that post #1 can be updated for others.
No, all I did was to disable USB in the bios, continue with the boot allowing the OS to do its thing without USB ports, then reboot, go back into the bios settings and re-enable the USB ports...aka Mysteriously.

Which port does it use? (check ioreg).

EMV Smartcard Reader (built-in) use HP18 port in 2560p (6x60p setup).
Can You add it to the usb customization file?

EMV Smartcard Reader (built-in) use HP18 port in 2560p (6x60p setup).
Can You add it to the usb customization file?

Added. Also added "install_2x60" to install_acpi.sh.

But if it turns out the smart card reader is not supported, we should just disable the port...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back