Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so people know I've had success with HDMI audio on an AMD HD6850 merely by installing the 889 audio driver without DSDT.. having graphics enabler set to yes and adding the following added to chameleon.pboot.list

<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

No need for any other configuration..

My multibeast choice:

So I did just install my system with ^^ santitfs-settings. It boots fine and seems to work, I have multiscreens (DVI and HDMI) working, both on 1080p.

My actual problem is that i CAN NOT access my System-Information. As soon as I click on 'apple'->'About this Mac' the screen flashes for a frame and it seems like I have been logged in again...
Is this a known Issue? I haven't found anything regarding it.

I have to notice that I am running my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (v1.3) on U1c UEFI. I have only read about U1b being used and couldn't find anything specific about my version. Could it be the reason for System-Information not working? How can I downgrade? I had a look on gigabyte's website and they only offer U1c to download.

Thanks in advance..

hey tscheng805, thats a strange glitch.. i had alot of graphics glitches too.. (only when using hdmi and dvi) but if u want u can try u1b i have at at my post come here and take a look at my post ?

Note: I added a video card it works way better i do tripple monitorz never had any issues since
most cheap video cards in my opion that are supported (Gt640 /gtx650)

Best of luck..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-b3-evga-gtx6502gb-100-working-dsdt-free.html

thanks for the quick reply elite2k - i put the u1b uefi onto the mainboard, installed the i7 ssdt and now everything works like a charm :) soo good to have my hackintosh back.

another thing that always had me wondering: how come, i can not control the volume for spdif-out? (onboard) is there anyway to add volume control to it?

i also had some bluetooth glitches, but those were immediately eliminated by using "Bluetooth Explorer" from Apl DevTools to reset the settings... just in case anybody has the same issues.

So you're having triple monitors by combining external and internal graphics? always wanted to do that... need more screen estate!

thanks in advance for help!

I just updated my bios to the latest UEFI version for my Z68MX-UD2H-B3 but now I get a kernal panic right from the start of the boot.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but what do I need to remove or reinstall to get it back up and running?

I was using the original bios with OSX 10.8

MY systems specs are:

Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Intel Core i7 2770K
16 GB Gskill Ripjaw 1600 Ram
128 OCZ Solid SSD
Zotax GTX 670 4 GB

I just updated my bios to the latest UEFI version for my Z68MX-UD2H-B3 but now I get a kernal panic right from the start of the boot.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but what do I need to remove or reinstall to get it back up and running?

I was using the original bios with OSX 10.8

MY systems specs are:

Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Intel Core i7 2770K
16 GB Gskill Ripjaw 1600 Ram
128 OCZ Solid SSD
Zotax GTX 670 4 GB

Flash bios erease your bios configuration.

How do I fix that? Windows boots fine. Chimera loads fine. Bios were set tp optimized defaults.

See first post "preparation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back