Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resetting BIOS did not work. Still get a KP.

BigDonkey said:
OS is not picking up or is missing patched 10.6.8 version of AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.
Use NullCPUPowerManagement for now in /Extra/Extensions

Would rBoot allow me to get in to do that, or should I use iBoot again?

speedy11131 said:

BigDonkey said:
OS is not picking up or is missing patched 10.6.8 version of AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.

Try either. Then re run the installer.

blueking said:
speedy11131 said:

BigDonkey said:

Try either. Then re run the installer.

Hey guys, I'm experiencing this same issue. I've followed the Snow Leopard instructions word for word and when I go to boot from the HD for the first time I receive the same KP Error as the guy above. This happened AFTER installing 10.6.8 combo and then applying the HP Installer for my 4530s. I can boot into 10.6.3 ( fresh install ) using iBoot but after installing 10.6.8 and doing the HP Install everything falls apart...

I'm unable to get into OSX via iBoot or rBoot, are there special steps needed to boot into a "safe mode" type environment?

Think I should give 10.6.7 a try and then update from there? I've read a good bit of tutorials but still feel like a n00b when it comes to installing OSX on my newly acquired 4530s.

Thanks for any help, I really hope I can get this figured out!

UPDATE: It looks like I have the same problem as this person:
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=53100

I can boot if I use -x-v DSDT=no

Do I have a different type of 4530s, that requires some special steps?

UPDATE 2: First all nighter struggling with my hackintosh, woo hoo! Still no luck , was hoping to just be able to use the HP Installer and have everything magically working but I shoulda known better ;)

I suppose my best chance now is in trying different combinations of DSDT / Kext files?

Thanks!

I just discovered that the ONLY way I can boot into SL 10.6.8 without error is by using the DSDT located on this guy's website: http://computersclarified.blogspot.com/ ... on-hp.html

I don't know what is so special about this DSDT but the others I've tried ( Original HP Installer, a F20 DSDT posted by Donkey and another DSDT I think he posted for a guy having similar problems ) and none of them seemed to work.

Any idea what the difference is between those and the DSDT on this guy's website? I'd really like to use the DSDT made by the pros here on tonymacx86....

I suppose I shouldn't complain as I am now able to boot DL 10.6.8 . I will now attempt to install Lion and use the same DSDT I am using with Snow Leopard, this is OK right?

Thanks! I'll do that as soon as I get home.

DSDT has been sent! Thanks again for your help.

UPDATE: Thanks a lot for your help! The DSDT you created worked perfectly. I was able to boot into 10.6.8 easily and then download Lion from the app store and follow your Lion Install instructions perfectly. Everything appears to be working properly. If you ever need any assistance with anything let me know, I'm grateful for your help.

I've already succesfully installed Lion on my 4730s.

But now I wan't to install Snow Leopard besides Lion on another partition (besides the Lion and Windows partition)

But when trying to start the Snow Leopard installation I instantly get a kernel panic:

It's about com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Is this because of the already installed Lion or is there a way around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back