Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
GregCH said:
give it a shot

Brilliant, works great so far. :D
Thank you Greg and everyone else who helped get this running.

Wifi is a bit iffy, but I hear this is common.
Any recommendations for wifi adapters that would not stick out of the port too much and work with the 4530s?

I dont understand. First off, the iBoot disc doesnt show any usb storage devices that are plugged in. I was able to install Snow Leopard, but then it restarts... Choosing the mac partition here boots OSX, but attempting to follow the directions and install the rest of the tools makes iBoot to tell me to reboot my computer over and over again.

Behind the reboot message I see a panic referring to the kernal, but I dont see anyone else getting stuck as early as I am...

Anyone have any ideas? This is a Probook 4430s with an i3 and 8 gigs of RAM.

Ya after I did the update with all the required settings for my 4530, I couldn't reboot the computer. I had to completely restart and This is my third time trying it. This sucks as I bought the 4530 because all of the internals were compatible with mac. But I can't get mac to stay working.

Hello there! I just finish the installation on my probook. Everything works fine, except the audio. I tried to install voodooHDA, but didn't work.

Also, I want to ask something else more serius: With this installation of OSX, is it safe to apply Apple's Updates? In other words, can I use OSX update manager for my updates or it is quite dangerous(kernel panics etc)??

Thanks in advance!

fikjp said:
Hello there! I just finish the installation on my probook. Everything works fine, except the audio. I tried to install voodooHDA, but didn't work.

Also, I want to ask something else more serius: With this installation of OSX, is it safe to apply Apple's Updates? In other words, can I use OSX update manager for my updates or it is quite dangerous(kernel panics etc)??

Thanks in advance!

No, it's not safe. You download & install the updates yourself, and apply the appropriate tweaks before restarting.

Is there any way to get the finger print scanner to work in Lion? Just curious.

tastee said:
Noway, unless someone will develop an application and a driver for this device.

nikstar said:
tastee said:

Actually, there is a Lion version of Windows fingerprint application. The problem: very limited number of built-in fingerprint devices supported. Unless you want to use external USB dongle.

BigDonkey said:
nikstar said:
tastee said:

Actually, there is a Lion version of Windows fingerprint application. The problem: very limited number of built-in fingerprint devices supported. Unless you want to use external USB dongle.

So I could use a USB one, Just not the one built into the 4530s. That's too bad. That fingerprint scanner is pretty cool.

I'm still running 10.7.3 & everything has been working fine. All of a sudden the finder bar at the top isn't showing up & when i click on Finder an error message pops up. Has anyone else ran into this problem? or have a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back