Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

My Laptop is Hp-P077TX stuck at apple logo and loading circle...
nothing happen after 30-45 minutes..

any solution?

My Laptop is Hp-P077TX stuck at apple logo and loading circle...
nothing happen after 30-45 minutes..

any solution?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

hi guys,

i haven't downloaded anything yet. do i need the el capitan installer in .iso or .dmg format? the last hackintosh i installed on my desktop was mavericks, and i remember extracting the installESD.dmg before.

thanks

hi guys,

i haven't downloaded anything yet. do i need the el capitan installer in .iso or .dmg format? the last hackintosh i installed on my desktop was mavericks, and i remember extracting the installESD.dmg before.

Just as it comes from the App Store.

The Rules said:
This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED

hi guys,

thanks

Neither. Download via the Mac App Store on a Mac or working hack.

Hi!
I'm trying to install El Capitan on my HP ENVY 15-j103el following this guide, but I think that I'm finding some problems related to the GPU!
I tried many combinations of flag (nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, safe mode, injected kexts): my PC sometimes crashed displaying the infamous "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" line, or maybe it displayed four Apple's logos in a strange way (they were like striped), eventually ending up with showing a glitching installation screen (this one striped too, and moving!).
Can anyone help me? How can I unplug my Nvdia graphic card if I have a laptop? Is this necessary?
Does there exist some fixing alternatives so that I can avoid to handle hardware components?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Actually, at present I can't get anymore the apples and the glitching screen, but only the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" error! They were just lucky coincidences!

Hi!
I'm trying to install El Capitan on my HP ENVY 15-j103el following this guide, but I think that I'm finding some problems related to the GPU!
I tried many combinations of flag (nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1, safe mode, injected kexts): my PC sometimes crashed displaying the infamous "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" line, or maybe it displayed four Apple's logos in a strange way (they were like striped), eventually ending up with showing a glitching installation screen (this one striped too, and moving!).
Can anyone help me? How can I unplug my Nvdia graphic card if I have a laptop? Is this necessary?
Does there exist some fixing alternatives so that I can avoid to handle hardware components?
Thank you in advance!

Your laptop has a guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-envy-haswell-series-j-k-q-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168613/

Thanks man!
Anyway I don't understand this note:

The DSDT/SSDT patching script will automatically disable the discrete nVidia card if you have it enabled in BIOS. It is best, therefore to keep it enabled in BIOS so you can still use it on Windows, but have DSDT/SSDT patched properly for OS X.
What does it mean? How can I apply the DSDT/SSDT patching script, and what is it?
It seemed to me that understanding this point is critical and crucial to solve my problem!

Thanks man!
Anyway I don't understand this note:

The DSDT/SSDT patching script will automatically disable the discrete nVidia card if you have it enabled in BIOS. It is best, therefore to keep it enabled in BIOS so you can still use it on Windows, but have DSDT/SSDT patched properly for OS X.
What does it mean? How can I apply the DSDT/SSDT patching script, and what is it?
It seemed to me that understanding this point is critical and crucial to solve my problem!

Read the guide and follow it as written.

Back