Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

The problems with recent Clover builds is clearly documented in post #1:
Yes, indeed. But I thought it was meant for built 3642. I presume a later one was going to work. Obviously I do not understand the meaning of the plus sign after the number. My humble suggestion is to write v3642 or later.

Yes, indeed. But I thought it was meant for built 3642. I presume a later one was going to work. Obviously I do not understand the meaning of the plus sign after the number. My humble suggestion is to write v3642 or later.

I felt like this as well, though it seemed to be working just fine the 3650 build

I don't seem to be able to F4 my DSDTs on HDD's installation of Clover, shouldn't it work?

I don't seem to be able to F4 my DSDTs on HDD's installation of Clover, shouldn't it work?

You have to press the key that generates the F4 scan code. Sometimes it can be Fn+F4 (some BIOS implementations reverse Fn+Fx for Fx).

It could also be that you (incorrectly) deleted EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

I'm still banging my head against getting the built in display work. On the other topic you said I'd need to inject EDID. I did, but it didn't look right on clover and is still turned off after initializing. Maybe it is Graphics related? I didn't do anything about the dual graphics and it is recognizing my 5000 series Radeon

I'm still banging my head against getting the built in display work. On the other topic you said I'd need to inject EDID. I did, but it didn't look right on clover and is still turned off after initializing. Maybe it is Graphics related? I didn't do anything about the dual graphics and it is recognizing my 5000 series Radeon

Off-topic. This topic is only about reaching the installer. Open a separate thread.

Do you guys have problems booting from the usb clover osx installer after you've successfully installed osx and DSDT.aml on the osx hdd? Could've sworn I didn't touch my usb key, but it won't boot now. I have a functional El Capitan install on the laptop internal ssd.

Do you guys have problems booting from the usb clover osx installer after you've successfully installed osx and DSDT.aml on the osx hdd? Could've sworn I didn't touch my usb key, but it won't boot now. I have a functional El Capitan install on the laptop internal ssd.

Make sure you're booting from the Clover on USB, not the Clover on HDD. Use a different theme so you're certain of it...

^ ah, I like that idea

Back