Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i'm french, sorry for my english.

I have a P8Z77-I Deluxe with i5 2500K and i don't have the HDMI audio with an Asus GTX560Ti

I Have the modified BIOS and the DSDT Edit with your patch.

I see HDMI audio in "About this mac" but not in sound preference

Can you help me?

Thanks

No need to apologize for English - it is grammatically correct and perfectly understandable.

For the audio, you also need the patched AppleHDA.kext from MultiBeast ->Drivers->Audio->With DSDT to match the board ALC codec.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get this hack to run as a headless unit and was just wondering if anyone has had any success with doing so? Every time I unplug it carries on running fine, but can't connect to it via vnc.

Thanks in advance

Tom

On the ITX board, it wasn't any harder than on a GA board. You don't even need a DSDT if you don't mind sleep not working. Toleda and I went through some extensive testing and trying different things and we finally came up with a fix that worked for the i5, but the same DSDT edits would not work with the i7. Haven't heard if he ever found a fix.

Just follow this guide and you will be fine.

Im running the i7 3770k with this board and my system sleeps/wakes fine. I didn't find your guide till I started looking for patches but I set up everything just about the same way (can't remember exactly what I did).

Has anyone gotten wifi to work on this mobo? My computer is across the house from my router so Ethernet would be a pain in the arse without unplugging everything and migrating mid install.

Has anyone gotten wifi to work on this mobo? My computer is across the house from my router so Ethernet would be a pain in the arse without unplugging everything and migrating mid install.

WiFi works just fine after you replace the OEM card with one supported by OS X. The Atheros AR9280 or the Dell DW1515 (same card with a Dell part number) are available on Amazon.com or from ebay.

Since installing the 10.8.3 update I have lost usb 3.0 connectivity. The ports show up in about this mac but nothing will connect to them. Wonder if anyone has a similar problem/fix?

I followed this guide and it worked like a charm, but I'm experiencing the same USB 3 issue after upgrading to 10.8.3..

Unfortunately, as with all builds built for someone else, I no longer have it and am not able to test / verify / offer help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back