Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disabled XHCI and I got them back. Don't know if this will work for everyone - My computer was also freezing and all ports including usb 2.0 weren't working.

Hi Going Bald,

Apparently I don't have enough posts to PM you, so if you have a bit of spare time and are feeling generous, I would really appreciate some help getting my 3570K, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe build working.

Currently stuck at a pixelated ML login screen that has been split up into several logins with gray lines running horizontally across the screen. Everything is pretty much unreadable so I can't do much within OSX.

Hi Going Bald,

Apparently I don't have enough posts to PM you, so if you have a bit of spare time and are feeling generous, I would really appreciate some help getting my 3570K, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe build working.

Currently stuck at a pixelated ML login screen that has been split up into several logins with gray lines running horizontally across the screen. Everything is pretty much unreadable so I can't do much within OSX.

Is this with onboard HD4000 or with the 7970? If onboard, add your gfx display resolution to org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>your display resolution - ie 2560x1600x32</string>

I flashed the bios like you said but now I'm getting an error saying "you must restart your computer" and in the verbose it says "debug: panic"?

very annoying stuff lol any fix??

Edit: Just redid a fresh install again and no problem this time? maybe it was just bad luck last time

Okay, I'm about to get my build installed with OS X. I'm using the P8Z77-I with an i5-3570K. I also am using a GTX 660. Are there any special instructions to install the graphics? Also, are there any special instructions for dual-booting with windows? And last thing, is flashing the custom bios risky? If something goes wrong, I can't RMA it, right?

Thanks for all your help GoingBald,

Dyl

Hi, i followed Going Bald guide and everything is going well except sleep.
I followed extracting DSDT and patch using toleda patches and delete 2 lines : Store (SMIM, \_SB.PINX)
\_SB.ISMI (0x90)

Sleep is able to work but it will autowake after 5-20 seconds.
I tried syslog |grep -i "Wake reason" and result in ECH2
Do i need to disable both wifi and bluetooth in bios?
Please help! Thanks.

I did exactly according to this guide, but I got problem for the graphic card. I can't change the resolution. When I injected following sentence in the plist file, my screen always turned into black and then computer rebooted.
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

My configuration: P8Z77-I deluxe, I5-3570K with HD4000, 16G RAM,

I'm using displayport to connect to my 27 inch display, when I changed 1920x1080 to 2560x1440, it also doesn't work.
There is only one resolution available: 1280x1024. The OS can recognize HD4000, but it seems no kext loaded.

Anybody could help? thanks

Did you connect display port alone to the motherboard? Or another video plugs present in this time? I killed two days with same issue, only after I unplugged tv Hdmi cable from motherboard (!) and keep one connected dvi to the nec display - all started perfectly with string 1920x1200x32. Before i tried unplug hdmi from tv side - no any positive result.

After that HD4000 initialized in the system properties, and it have 512mb memory :). In the BIOS set 64 of course. I set Mac Pro 3,1 def., not Mac mini

I did exactly according to this guide, but I got problem for the graphic card. I can't change the resolution. When I injected following sentence in the plist file, my screen always turned into black and then computer rebooted.
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

My configuration: P8Z77-I deluxe, I5-3570K with HD4000, 16G RAM,

I'm using displayport to connect to my 27 inch display, when I changed 1920x1080 to 2560x1440, it also doesn't work.
There is only one resolution available: 1280x1024. The OS can recognize HD4000, but it seems no kext loaded.

Anybody could help? thanks

getting graphics issue . i followed the guied and boot up .once in desktop icons and top menues look pixilated bottom taskbar icons also pixeled funny it runs safari youtube apps network sound all that nicely. only when i use the key -x "Grafics Mode"="1920x1080x32" to boot in safe mode the screen has no issue but no sound and no video or blue tooth safe mode !!

help me i dont know waht to do my mobo is 702 bios version stock update

Hi Going Bald,

at the multi beast boot menu select your new install location and type this, -x "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back