Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah :) Great work, Thank you RehabMan.

So now is time to patch dsdt.aml with the patches from your repo?

Should i apply al this patches?

- HD4000 Low res.
- IRQ Fix
- HPET Fix
- 7-series USB
- 6-Series USB ( Seems to stop Laptop immediately waking from sleep when on AC Power)

=== The next patch means we shouldn't need to use the GenericUSBXHCI kext and instead it will use the vanilla AppleUSBXHCI kext . It seems buggy to me though===
- 7-series USB3 Multiplex (Comment out the line near the bottom of patch that has 'return GPRW' and remove the // from alternative )
==============

- SMBUS Fix
- RTC Fix
- AC Adapter Fix (with/without)
- OS Check Fix
- Brightness Fix
- Audio Layout ID 12 ( changed the 12 to 69)
- Fix _WAK Arg0v2 ( Seems to fix issues with rebooting after waking from sleep on Battery power)

No sense in applying both "7-series USB" and "6-series USB". Apply the one appropriate for your (unspecified) chipset. The Mieze patch is only if your DSDT is compatible with it (and it is needed) and is only for using AppleUSBXHCI.kext.

The other patches you have listed are fairly typical...

No sense in applying both "7-series USB" and "6-series USB". Apply the one appropriate for your (unspecified) chipset. The Mieze patch is only if your DSDT is compatible with it (and it is needed) and is only for using AppleUSBXHCI.kext.

The other patches you have listed are fairly typical...

Big thanks for your help.

i installed all this patches (and only USB 7 for MH77 Chipset) and everithings looks good so far i can tell.

When i close the display, after about 10 seconds the s3 sleeps (orange led flashing) an when i open it up again, its in one second ready to use, great.

i managed the elan touchpad witch works great (2finger, 3finger, scrolling)

i found some Railink kexts so my wlan dongle works nearly perfekt. i have to manually connect to the wlan after reboot but so far ok (trying to get a builtin card)

Now iam trying to get the sound to work. i found a patched applehda.kext witch brings the sound settins up to work so far, but only the line-out 3,5" headphone jack is working. No Sound out of the internal speakers. i patched the DSDT.aml file with your audio layout-12 patch and used layout-id 3.

Can you tell me if the applehda.kext is wrong or the patching of the dsdt.aml went wrong (wrong id)?

Thanks for your help so far.

Greetz Cpt.Fly

Now iam trying to get the sound to work. i found a patched applehda.kext witch brings the sound settins up to work so far, but only the line-out 3,5" headphone jack is working. No Sound out of the internal speakers. i patched the DSDT.aml file with your audio layout-12 patch and used layout-id 3.

Can you tell me if the applehda.kext is wrong or the patching of the dsdt.aml went wrong (wrong id)?

It sounds like it could be a problem with the AppleHDA you found...

Big thanks for your help.

i installed all this patches (and only USB 7 for MH77 Chipset) and everithings looks good so far i can tell.

When i close the display, after about 10 seconds the s3 sleeps (orange led flashing) an when i open it up again, its in one second ready to use, great.

i managed the elan touchpad witch works great (2finger, 3finger, scrolling)

i found some Railink kexts so my wlan dongle works nearly perfekt. i have to manually connect to the wlan after reboot but so far ok (trying to get a builtin card)

Thanks for your help so far.

Greetz Cpt.Fly

I have same model laptop (Core i3 3217U)
could you please share the files necessary to install? (DSDT file, audio, etc.)
Have you tried an installation in Yosemite?

Where can be downloaded the bios mod such has crunchie?

i am trying to install yosemite but getting error "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"
i have tried:
dart=0
USBBusFix=Yes
USBLegacyOff=Yes
-x
-v
IGPlatformID=0x01660003

all combination and separate but no luck.

when install mavericks i only need (dart=0) and installs fine.

any help please...

i am trying to install yosemite but getting error "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"
i have tried:
dart=0
USBBusFix=Yes
USBLegacyOff=Yes
-x
-v
IGPlatformID=0x01660003

all combination and separate but no luck.

when install mavericks i only need (dart=0) and installs fine.

any help please...

Follow one of the guides linked by the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You probably forgot GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Or use a different USB port/different USB stick.

All questions for Yosemite should be posted in the Yosemite forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

This forum is only for Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back