Contribute
Register

GTX680 works in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also got my Palit GTX 670 working fine :D fresh lion 10.7.4 install then multibeast and the mbp gfx update :) restart - and then everything working :D

ModBot said:
If anyone discusses using 10.7.5 there posts are deleted too.

Speculation on 10.7.5 working is very different and OK.

copy that, and apologizes again ;)

grego9198 said:
Just finished installing my EVGA 2GB GTX 670 on my hack.

Sabertooth X79 + 3930k + 16gb of ram

Installed 10.7.2 off a USB key following another guide for my motherboard (turned off the Nvidia FakeSMC plug in since it was causing KPs my first time around.)

Booted into my install, updated to 10.7.4, restarted.

Installed the netkas ipkg and set GraphicsEnabled = No as per your instructions alfa.

Rebooted and all seems to work right now. Detected as Nvidia GK104 2048MB.

Just about to test out cinebench. Hopefully everything stays working and I can avoid having to install W7. ;)

Do you probe 3 output at same time???

grego9198 said:

Installed 10.7.2 off a USB key following another guide for my motherboard (turned off the Nvidia FakeSMC plug in since it was causing KPs my first time around.)

Installed the netkas ipkg and set GraphicsEnabled = No as per your instructions alfa.

Just about to test out cinebench. Hopefully everything stays working and I can avoid having to install W7. ;)
ey bro, you're the only recorded user i saw claiming to have installed 10.7.4 on an x79/gtx 6x0 combo hackintosh setup. i have a p9x79 pro with a dual gtx 680 (in SLI) and i was wondering if you can guide me on how you were able to set it up. :) your posted guide's a bit too simple and i was wondering if there's any detail i need to take into consideration... btw, im using a Unibeast created 10.7.4 USB installer.

will the mountain lion release aid in easier or possible use of 3 monitors with a EVGA GTX 670 card?

jc84 said:
dDub said:
finally had success with a Gigabyte GTX 680 OC edition.

Hi, Really interested to see OpenCL support for the GTX680. Are you able to post benches for it with LuxMark2.0

I don't think it's working properly as i'm getting this error when opening Luxmark -- ' OpenCL ERROR: clCreateCommandQueue(-30) ' . I've never had to deal with enabling OpenCL before so i'm very unfamiliar with anything related…

Maximilian75 said:
Do you probe 3 output at same time???

Although I have 3 monitors available right now, I haven't tried. I'm in the middle of moving though, so maybe I'll give it a go in 2 weeks once I'm done.

Edmoncu - to be honest I'm not sure how to get dual GTX 680's in SLI to work in your system. I literally just followed 2 different guides on here, minus the one change in not selecting Nvidia FakeSMC and it worked for me. I'd suggest reading a guide for your motherboard and then following the instructions in this thread about installing the MBP video driver pkg and see what happens.

edmoncu said:
grego9198 said:

ey bro, you're the only recorded user i saw claiming to have installed 10.7.4 on an x79/gtx 6x0 combo hackintosh setup. i have a p9x79 pro with a dual gtx 680 (in SLI) and i was wondering if you can guide me on how you were able to set it up. :) your posted guide's a bit too simple and i was wondering if there's any detail i need to take into consideration... btw, im using a Unibeast created 10.7.4 USB installer.

+1, can't get past "NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered."

When is the install process for GTX 6xx series going to be easier? Likely with the next Lion release? Or not until Mountain Lion?

This sounds complicated and like a lot of people have messed up their system trying to get gfx support working?

dsc106 said:
When is the install process for GTX 6xx series going to be easier? Likely with the next Lion release? Or not until Mountain Lion?

This sounds complicated and like a lot of people have messed up their system trying to get gfx support working?

10.7.5 and ML both have been tested with the GTX 670 / 680 to work out of the box on some other site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back