Contribute
Register

GTX680 works in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
shotsy242 said:
Anybody driving three monitors yet? I can only get 2 going.

no, I have tried all possible combinations and only work 2

I have 3 monitors: (GTX 680)

I tried 2DVI + 1HDMI -----> result works only 1DVI + 1 HDMI

I tried 2DVI + 1Displayport ----> result works only 1DVI + 1Displayport

I tried 1DVI + 1HDMI + 1Displayport ---- >> result works only 1DVI + 1Displayport

:thumbdown: o_O :yawn:

regards

Will there be out of the box GraphicsEnabler=Yes support in Mountain Lion or 10.7.5?
Too soon to say.

I have been unable to get my GTX680 to work. I have tried like 7 times through a clean install but I keep getting a KP. Gonna try the 10.7.5 and see if that works today...

PoMpIs said:
shotsy242 said:
Anybody driving three monitors yet? I can only get 2 going.

no, I have tried all possible combinations and only work 2

I have 3 monitors: (GTX 680)

I tried 2DVI + 1HDMI -----> result works only 1DVI + 1 HDMI

I tried 2DVI + 1Displayport ----> result works only 1DVI + 1Displayport

I tried 1DVI + 1HDMI + 1Displayport ---- >> result works only 1DVI + 1Displayport

:thumbdown: o_O :yawn:

regards
Bummer, Thanks for the reply!

Save a $100 and get Gigabyte gtx 670 oc, also a almost silent card !

Same boat as you with a Zotac 680. Was hoping someone with that card would figure it out and that it was me doing something wrong *sigh* Don't give up yet? :p

edit: should have at least mentioned where i'm at with the Zotac - i can boot into the system (10.7.4) with the card in, but i only get 1 monitor and just one low resolution option, no acceleration etc. I also see the GTX 680 identified in system profiler, but shows 0 RAM. I can also boot into the system just fine with HD 3000 enabled at full res, dual monitors etc., just swap the monitor cables to onboard ports leaving the 680 in and powered, which is an improvement over an AMD 7970 i had. With that card i had to unplug the power cables to boot without kernal panics. So i still have hope, just wish i was more knowledgeable in getting things to work.

I'm running 3 monitors on Lion 10.7.3 using a Gigabyte 6870. I had the same issue you outlined about only being able to use 2 monitors. I discovered that if I did not use install a DSDT on my mobo, that I was able to use all 3 screens. As a result I'm running OSX with no DSDT on my Gigabyte board without issue (I can't sleep, but I rarely need to anyways).

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we seen any success with certain makes/models of 6xx cards? Zotac's offering seems to have given a couple people trouble. EVGA is usually a safe bet unless you get a wacky model card.

I'm personally looking at the ASUS GTX 670 (GTX670-DC2-2GD5) and saw a post that the over clocked version seemed to be working (as unsupported as this new series is. ;) )

I have a Zotac GTX 580 that works fine, so I wen't with the Zotac 680. Although now that I think about it, it was the only 680 in stock at amazon and I just impulse ordered it after seeing the macbook pro release :).

Just finished installing my EVGA 2GB GTX 670 on my hack.

Sabertooth X79 + 3930k + 16gb of ram

Installed 10.7.2 off a USB key following another guide for my motherboard (turned off the Nvidia FakeSMC plug in since it was causing KPs my first time around.)

Booted into my install, updated to 10.7.4, restarted.

Installed the netkas ipkg and set GraphicsEnabled = No as per your instructions alfa.

Rebooted and all seems to work right now. Detected as Nvidia GK104 2048MB.

Just about to test out cinebench. Hopefully everything stays working and I can avoid having to install W7. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back