Contribute
Register

GTX 970 4k 60hz hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
must be the tv because you have the same setup as me. Im using a lgub8000

It must be. I think it weird that it works for me at all.

For others looking here, I'm using the Samsung UN40JU6700 and it works.

I thought the maximum for DVI-D was like 2560x1600 @ 60hz. Are you sure you're actually pushing a 4k image over that adapter cable?

Yes, 100% sure I am passing a 4k image to the screen at 4:4:4.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 11.53.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 11.53.07 AM.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 310
A youTube video I just watched suggested that DisplayPort to HDMI adapters are really only certified up to HDMI 1.4, not HDMI 2. Many are falsely advertising apparently.

And of course there's another thread going on that says that apple is not supporting HDMI 2 right now, but I guess you probably knew that much already.

Here are shots of the display preferences. While I was trying to alter options in the display preferences, changing the option to "Default for display" makes 60hz stop working entirely. 30hz still worked, but I had to change the option back to "Scaled" for the display to return to working 4k 60hz resolution, then had to choose the resolution from "Display Menu" to back to a non-scaled 1:1 mode. Can someone else try choosing "Scaled" and see if it works for them?

stats.png

Here are shots of the display preferences. While I was trying to alter options in the display preferences, changing the option to "Default for display" makes 60hz stop working entirely. 30hz still worked, but I had to change the option back to "Scaled" for the display to return to working 4k 60hz resolution, then had to choose the resolution from "Display Menu" to back to a non-scaled 1:1 mode. Can someone else try choosing "Scaled" and see if it works for them?

View attachment 140466

Please show System Information/Hardware/"Graphics/Displays". It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 4.03.01 PM.png

must be the display unit (samsung) theres no way this is going to fly on my lg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back