Contribute
Register

GTX 970 4k 60hz hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
set you customac to imac 15,1, but before restart apply the path for black screen!!!
My MSI 970 and a phillips 4ktv working in HDMI 2.0 in 4k 60mhz.
Hi zangadao,

I already apply CoreDisplay patched but it still black screen although it detect my HDMI port 2.0 with 4k 60hz but it my monitor still black. Could you please let me know about "apply the path for black screen". Thanks so much.

Hi zangadao,

I already apply CoreDisplay patched but it still black screen although it detect my HDMI port 2.0 with 4k 60hz but it my monitor still black. Could you please let me know about "apply the path for black screen". Thanks so much.

Hi Peter! To work for me, I just apply the AGDPfix.v1.3.zip found in this topic: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

To boot your system, in clover initial drive select, go to options > SMBIOS and change the ProductName line to iMac14,2 (or MacPro3,1 as you wish), return to Option and add "UseKernelCache=No" to boot args line (this second part is not mandatory, but i prefer use it).
After boot, try apply de AGDPfix. Works for me in 10.11.6 and 10.12.1.

Hi Peter! To work for me, I just apply the AGDPfix.v1.3.zip found in this topic: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

To boot your system, in clover initial drive select, go to options > SMBIOS and change the ProductName line to iMac14,2 (or MacPro3,1 as you wish), return to Option and add "UseKernelCache=No" to boot args line (this second part is not mandatory, but i prefer use it).
After boot, try apply de AGDPfix. Works for me in 10.11.6 and 10.12.1.

Hi zangadao,
Thanks for quick response. I do appreciate your help. I did like you guide but it not work. May be because I already updated to 10.12.2 before did like you said. I found one thing that, if I remove NVidia Web Driver, my monitor Samsung U28E590 with port HDMI 2.0 can turn on but monitor with Display Port not working. But after install Nvidia Web Driver (latest driver for 10.12.2), Samsung monitor (HDMI 2.0) is blank again but other monitor with Display Port is OK. I think may be NVIDIA driver still not full support HDMI 2.0 60hz in Mac. If I change from port HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 1.4 (monitor has 2 HDMI port 1. HDMI 1.4 and 1. HDMI 2.0), it working but only 4k 30hz.

Strange Peter. How brand your 970 is? Mine is a EVGA GTX 970 SC 4GB, HDMI and DP works well.
The only bug I have with this ports are HDMI cable (I bought a HDMI 2.0 cheap cable first and doesn't work (works only at @30hz), replace for a good cable and Voilà!, 4k@60hz), and a generic DP > HDMI adapter, replaced by a Dell Adapter, works without problems (for my 1080p, the adapter is to HDMI 1.4, and ai don't know exist a DP > HDMI 2.0).
Strange your DP 1.4 supports only @30hz, because DP1.4 specs supports 4k until @120 Hz...
Maybe, it's a long shot, you can try update your GPU bios... You just verify is has a update for it? And your monitor, has a some kind of software update too?
Best regards

Strange Peter. How brand your 970 is? Mine is a EVGA GTX 970 SC 4GB, HDMI and DP works well.
The only bug I have with this ports are HDMI cable (I bought a HDMI 2.0 cheap cable first and doesn't work (works only at @30hz), replace for a good cable and Voilà!, 4k@60hz), and a generic DP > HDMI adapter, replaced by a Dell Adapter, works without problems (for my 1080p, the adapter is to HDMI 1.4, and ai don't know exist a DP > HDMI 2.0).
Strange your DP 1.4 supports only @30hz, because DP1.4 specs supports 4k until @120 Hz...
Maybe, it's a long shot, you can try update your GPU bios... You just verify is has a update for it? And your monitor, has a some kind of software update too?
Best regards

Hi zangadao,

I find out the different between us. Mine is EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW GAMING w/ACX 2.0. I use HDMI cable go with monitor. I plug directly from HDMI port in graphics card to my monitor HDMI port without adapter. My card has only one Display Port and I use it for other monitor. Thanks for quick response ^_^.

Hi Peter. In my case, I use 2 DP ports for 1200x1080 dell monitors (for applications and tools), one of this DP ports has HDMI adapter and other is direct connected trhought monitor DP, and a GPU HDMI is connect a 4k Phillips TV (dont have a DPconnector and I used as display monitor for video edit).
Really I don't understanding whats going on with your GPU. The only things I think is update BIOS ou bad cables... In windows works right?
Another idea is you try to use a SwitchResX...

Hi Peter. In my case, I use 2 DP ports for 1200x1080 dell monitors (for applications and tools), one of this DP ports has HDMI adapter and other is direct connected trhought monitor DP, and a GPU HDMI is connect a 4k Phillips TV (dont have a DPconnector and I used as display monitor for video edit).
Really I don't understanding whats going on with your GPU. The only things I think is update BIOS ou bad cables... In windows works right?
Another idea is you try to use a SwitchResX...

Hi zangadao,
Thanks for quick response. I'm very sorry answer you late ^_^. The cable come with monitor and it work good on Windows 10 (4k 60hz). I already try with SwithResX too but it now work. I already record and publish to here the issue I got. I attach pic show Sierra recognize my monitor.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 204
I just cannot get Mac OS to display 4k 60hz on this Samsung UN40MU6300 TV. My 2014 rMBP only does 30hz no matter what miniDP->HDMI dongles I try (that other reviewers claim to work at 4k 60hz on their macs)

on my El Cap hackintosh I've got a GTX 970 and same thing, 30hz only. no matter if I go straight HDMI 2.0 -> HDMI 2.0, or displayport -> hdmi 2.0, even tried the crazy DVI -> HDMI adapter earlier in this thread. All of the above just give me 30hz 4k output on this TV. If I use SwitchResX or option-click on the scaled button in display properties and click 'low res' options, I can force it to 4k 60hz but the output is corrupted, there is a vertical strip about 4" wide all the way down the left side of the monitor that is corrupt at 60hz. same exact thing happens on both my rMBP and hackintosh on this TV

boot the GTX 970 hackintosh into Windows 10 and it will do 4k 60hz no problems, ever. I just don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back