Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mulder- I don't have a x99 Asus board but you might try the attached EFI folder for your USB installer. It has worked well on several X99 boards.
Thanks a bunch for this EFI folder! The system now boots into the installer. I am unsure what did the trick but I will look further into this in the next coming days.
I have seen various threads and information on how to get X99 systems up and running after OSX is installed. What is the general or advised way of getting all ports (USB) and such to work and how about power management for the 5820K?

Thanks a bunch for this EFI folder! The system now boots into the installer. I am unsure what did the trick but I will look further into this in the next coming days.
I have seen various threads and information on how to get X99 systems up and running after OSX is installed. What is the general or advised way of getting all ports (USB) and such to work and how about power management for the 5820K?
I'm not certain the USB fixes on this board will work on your Asus. If you look here, http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/freaks-ga-x99m-gaming-5-matx-build-i7-5930k-gtx-970-clover.161010/, you'll find what I'm doing, as well as a EFI folder to use as starting point after you get OSX installed. As far as PM, there's no such thing until we get Apple support. You'll need null and fakecpuid to get base clock idle and max cpu under load. All the reports and screenshots you see of people using xcpm, Pikes script generator and haswell cpu data to achieve 25, 50, 75 speed steppings and getting sleep to work are at best, inaccurate... (no offense to anyone)

Last edited:
I'm not certain the USB fixes on this board will work on your Asus. If you look here, http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/freaks-ga-x99m-gaming-5-matx-build-i7-5930k-gtx-970-clover.161010/, you'll find what I'm doing, as well as a EFI folder to use as starting point after you get OSX installed. As far as PM, there's no such thing until we get Apple support. You'll need null and fakecpuid to get base clock idle and max cpu under load. All the reports and screenshots you see of people using xcpm, Pikes script generator and haswell cpu data to achieve 25, 50, 75 speed steppings and getting sleep to work are at best, inaccurate... (no offense to anyone)

I'm stuck using -XCPM as its the only way I can get any power states above 3.3GHZ on an overclock, I've tried everything under the sun to get power management semi-working as stated earlier in this thread and nothing has worked.

If you are having the same problem with power management it was fairly easy to get xcpm to sort of help achieve higher power/turbo states. Add bootflag -xcpm in clover; remove "nullpowermangement.kext" from 10.11 in the EFI\CLOVER\KEXTS\10.11 - make sure your CPUFAKEID is not 0x0306E0 or E4 or you will get a Kernel Panic; I use 0x0306A0 for a 5820K and it works fine; make sure your SSDT has the flag for -xcpm ON which is "1" you can generate a SSDT with -xcpm on by using the flag "-x 1" with piker's script.

Kduvernay: might I ask what UEFI BIOS settings you are using for USB 3.0? Thanks in advance!

I'm stuck using -XCPM as its the only way I can get any power states above 3.3GHZ on an overclock, I've tried everything under the sun to get power management semi-working as stated earlier in this thread and nothing has worked.
Kduvernay: might I ask what UEFI BIOS settings you are using for USB 3.0? Thanks in advance!
No reason to the keep having the same discussion, still think your problem is the ASRock bios. Similar issues with EVGA Micro-2 but might take another run at it this weekend just for giggles. USB Bios XCHI - SmartAuto, EHCI Handoff - Disabled.

No reason to the keep having the same discussion, still think your problem is the ASRock bios. Similar issues with EVGA Micro-2 but might take another run at it this weekend just for giggles. USB Bios XCHI - SmartAuto, EHCI Handoff - Disabled.

Might I ask what SMBIOS you and everyone that's been successful with new fakecpuid are using, I'm using 6,1 could this be part of the issue?

Might I ask what SMBIOS you and everyone that's been successful with new fakecpuid are using, I'm using 6,1 could this be part of the issue?
What new fakecpuid are you referring to? I have the same results with MacPro6,1 - MacPro5,1 - iMac14,2.

What new fakecpuid are you referring to? I have the same results with MacPro6,1 - MacPro5,1 - iMac14,2.

This whole thread is about using a certain facepcuid for Haswell, my question was in regards to SMBIOS, and apparently it does not make a difference based on your response thanks.

This whole thread is about using a certain facepcuid for Haswell, my question was in regards to SMBIOS, and apparently it does not make a difference based on your response thanks.
SMBios does not make a big difference. I am using MacPro6,1

Each SMBios require specific tweaks though, for example frequencyVectors. The X99_PlatformPlugin I use is for SMBios MacPro6,1; it can be changed from the Info.plist
SMBios can also affects USB, and the display (black screen), and it requires the right setup in DSDT (or SSDT patch) the best solution I think (for efficiency and updates), or Pike R. Alpha Clover kext patch, or a change directly in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy in SLE, or an injector like Hackintosh_AppleGraphicsDevicePolicyFix.kext placed in LE.

X99series Clean Compile for DSDT
I modify for x99gaming G1
Set ACPI Specification 5.1
# Maintained by:N.Mano
# Credit: PikeRAlpha, RehabMan

Attachments

• X99series-Clean_Compile.txt
    11 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Ok, I've got something new to report! The discovery of it is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, at least based on my limited understanding of all this, but here we go.

I was playing around with my BIOS settings and I noticed a listing containing some info on my 5820K. There was a reference to "microcode revision 306F22D" obviously 306F looked familiar to me so just for kicks I changed my FAKE CPUID to 0x306F2. Low and behold my power states are now jumping around above 3.3GHZ and maxing at 4.5 pursuant to the OC I have set. This is with xcpm disabled in both clover and in my ssdt. So, although its still bouncing around and not maxing under load I think this is a step in the right direction as its not capped at 3.3GHZ anymore!!! I'm going to try CPUID 306C0 also as a test. Appreciate anyones thoughts on this craziness. Thanks!

Edit - 306C0 resulted in non-bootable system. Testing various kernel patch options now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back