Contribute
Register

Gigabyte's 7-series mini-ITX boards finally official, available soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Gigabyte's 7-series mini-ITX boards finally official, available soon

90w is enouth for this mb and i3 3225?

I just finished putting an i3-2125, GA-H61N-USB3 (rev. 1.0) build together in this case and and the 90w power supply is working fine. I was worried that the 90 watt power supply on the Antec Mini-ITX Case would not be enough for the 65 watt i3 and everything else, but it is OK, even charging iPad on the USB port works. The stock intel cooler also fits fine, but forget using a tall card in the PCI 2.0 slot. The new i3-3225 shows to be 10w less than than the i3-2125. so it should work.

What would be a good CPU for this? I've heard talk of the i3 processor with Intel HD 4000 graphics built in. I've never had a GPU built into the MB, save for on a laptop, and those were pretty lackluster. Is the HD 4000 better in terms of graphics? I'm considering building a Hackintosh for light, general usage. It's possible I'd want to view HD quality movies, maybe some light gaming. I have a pretty advanced PC setup for gaming, so really I don't even know *what* I'd be using the Hackintosh for, except to fiddle around with and learn from.

The current Intel graphics will handle that no problem and the Core i3 model you're looking for is the 3225, as it's the only one with HD 4000 graphics.

That socket position is terrible. Look how close to the PCIe slot it is. You'll be extremely limited in air cooler selection with this, even in a "big" ITX case like the Prodigy.

It's the same position as just about every other mini-ITX board with the exception for Asus' P8Z77-I Deluxe which is close to $200...
Oh, and EVGA's Z77 mini-ITX board of course.

I guess you'd need a Prolimatech Samuel. To be confirmed.
I could be interested, seeking a way to upgrade my H67 motherboard in a µATX Silverstone FT03 case. It'd be for gaming with a GTX670, so some kind of light overclock would be a plus. Also considering a Z68MX-UD2H, but it has terrible reviews on newegg…

well there are some shuttle board from barebone system that will work with few cases. not sure about OS X but will be great.

it's strange that this one doesn't have any eSATA, i would like to have least 2 eSATA (considering only 2 USB 3.0 on back)

Doesn't matter in this case then I guess, I've never seen one of those boards.

Is the only Wi-fi card that will work the $89.00 Sonnet one? Hope not, almost as expensive as the MB
No, you can get a cheap $10 Atheros AR9280/9287 card off eBay that'll work just fine, although the latter needs a slightly modified kext. Toleda has a guide in the network section. These boards take half size mini PCI Express cards, full size ones won't fit. There's apparently a Marvell card that works as well, but I can't remember the model.
I bought two from this Buy-it-Now auction and I did not need any special kext, worked immediately and got recognized straight as an Apple Airport card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350553868136?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (if auction gone, search for "ATHEROS AR5BHB92 AR9280")

I bought two from this Buy-it-Now auction and I did not need any special kext, worked immediately and got recognized straight as an Apple Airport card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350553868136?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (if auction gone, search for "ATHEROS AR5BHB92 AR9280")

Yeah, most of the AR9280's just work, I got an AR9287 locally for $10 and I had to inject the device ID, but that was it.

Are there any informations about heatsink compatibility? Will the built-in wifi card work under mac os?

Are there any informations about heatsink compatibility? Will the built-in wifi card work under mac os?

Did you even bother reading the previous posts in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back