Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@CaseySJ
I fellow the guide to install Monterey(12.7.4) using this EFI file, EFI-077-Z690-AERO-G.zip, but meet errors

My build:
Z690 Aero G
Intel i7-12700K
AMD RX 6800 XT
32GB (2x16GB) ADATA DDR4 3600

BIOS(ver. F6):
Tweaker
Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P) → disable
Tweaker → Advanced CPU Settings
Option 1: All cores, all threads
Settings → IOPorts
Re-Size BAR Support → disable
All other settings is the same with the guide.

EFI Config(config.plist):
using MacPro7.1

the installing go into the first progress bar screen(p1.jpg), and then stuck into the error page(p2.jpg).

Am i missing something? Any help?
Hello @fenky,

Please try OpenCore 0.8.3 by following the mini-guide located here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179/post-2331213

Let's see if this makes any difference.

Hello @fenky,

Please try OpenCore 0.8.3 by following the mini-guide located here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z690-aero-g-i5-12600k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179/post-2331213

Let's see if this makes any difference.
Yes, this EFI can work, but, not fully work.

My build:
Z690 Aero G
Intel i7-12700K
AMD RX 6800 XT
Fenvi FV-T919 PCIe add-in-card (I remove the Intel AX201 wireless module from the board)
BIOS version is F6
config.plist SMBIOS using MacPro7,1

Let me show the details.

I fellow the guides to make all everything ready.
This time, I'll try to install the macOS Ventura 13.6.6.

First try, FAIL! It suck at the progress bar logo screen.
Next, I turned on the log verbose, and it showed it has CPU panic (IMG_1.jpg) issue:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80161a0Bbb): Should have 20 Cores, but only found 12 for Die 0 cpu_threads.c: 1090.
I guess maybe it's the Hyper Threading settings problem. So I disable the Hyper Threading Technology in BISO, and has a second try.
This time, everything going as expected. I can fully install the macOS Ventura successfully.
Most things work well but except two:
1) Hyper Threading no support
2) the two USB2.0 port at the rear IO panel not work(IMG_2.jpg), other ports including rear IO panel and front case IO panel all can work

maybe the BIOS version is too old that causing the problem? which BSIO version should i installing?
By the way, it possible to install the macOS Sonoma right now? i using this 0.8.3 EFI has a try but fail.

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 11
yes, this EFI can work, but, not fully work.

My build:
Z690 Aero G
Intel i7-12700K
AMD RX 6800 XT
Fenvi FV-T919 PCIe add-in-card (I remove the Intel AX201 wireless module from the board)
BIOS version is F6
config.plist SMBIOS using MacPro7,1

let me show the details.

i fellow the guides to make all everythings ready
this time, i try to install the macOS Ventura 13.6.6

first try, FAIL, it suck at the progress bar logo screen,
then, i turn on the log verbose, it show it has CPU panic(IMG_1.jpg) issue
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80161a0Bbb): Should have 20 Cores, but only found 12 for Die 0 cpu_threads.c: 1090
i guess maybe it's the Hyper Threading settings problem, so i disable the Hyper Threading Technology in BSIO and has a second try.
and this time, everything going as expected. i can fully install the macOS Ventura successfully.
most things work well but except two:
1) Hyper Threading no support
2) the two USB2.0 port at the rear IO panel not work(IMG_2.jpg), other ports including rear IO panel and front case IO panel all can work

maybe the BIOS version is too old that causing the problem? which BSIO version should i installing?
By the way, it possible to install the macOS Sonoma right now? i using this 0.8.3 EFI has a try but fail.
you will need opencore 0.9.x for Sonoma, try the latest version 0.9.9

you will need opencore 0.9.x for Sonoma, try the latest version 0.9.9
Thanks for your reply. I will try it later.
Do you have any idea to fix the Hyper Threading issue show above?

Thanks for your reply. I will try it later.
Do you have any idea to fix the Hyper Threading issue show above?
Changes were made to ProvideCurrentCpuInfo kernel quirk in recent versions of OpenCore. It’s best to update to latest OC and check this again.

BIOS F6 is okay.

Changes were made to ProvideCurrentCpuInfo kernel quirk in recent versions of OpenCore. It’s best to update to latest OC and check this again.

BIOS F6 is okay.
Amazing!!!
I use HackinDROM tool to update the OC into 0.9.9.
Everything working well right now. The USB2.0 rear ports works well. The Hyper Threading as well; it shows 20 cores.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    849 KB · Views: 10
Amazing!!!
I use HackinDROM tool to update the OC into 0.9.9.
Everything working well right now. The USB2.0 rear ports works well. The Hyper Threading as well; it shows 20 cores.
Glad to hear it — congratulations!

This is the same behavior I observed on my Gigabyte Z390 Designare. Flashing the firmware enabled Thunderbolt Local Node, but broke sleep. It may be possible to bypass the sleep problem by using the GPRW SSDT and ACPI patch. I’ll get back to this soon.
@CaseySJ if GC-MAPLE RIDGE is not working, how about ASUS ThunderboltEX 4? I have GC-MAPLE RIDGE, if ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 works, i will buy one.

@CaseySJ if GC-MAPLE RIDGE is not working, how about ASUS ThunderboltEX 4? I have GC-MAPLE RIDGE, if ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 works, i will buy one.
GC-Maple Ridge may work properly on a Z690 motherboard. We’ll just need to flash modified firmware. I was only able to test on Z390 Designare, and this system would not enter sleep.

GC-Maple Ridge may work properly on a Z690 motherboard. We’ll just need to flash modified firmware. I was only able to test on Z390 Designare, and this system would not enter sleep.
Thanks! So ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 can work including hotplug, right?

Back