Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 - Inconsistent Wake From Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I mean literally wake up. The reason it's showing I booted up is because after waking from sleep things go haywire. I will describe the process:

1. From Apple menu I choose sleep (let's say on a Saturday night just for kicks)
2. Sunday morning I wake up the computer by pressing a key on the keyboard, click a mouse button, or both
3. Display comes up and system wakes, but with random results
**Complete freeze
**Can move the mouse cursor, but cannot click anything
**Can move the mouse cursor, but after clicking on something (i.e. restart in the Apple menu) with zero response. Try clicking on an icon in my dock and it'll freeze.
**With all of the above cases the clock seems to stick on the time it was when I set the computer to sleep

I'm forced to press the reset button on the computer case since there's nothing like a cntrl+alt+del function. It seems once in a blue moon it wakes normally. Also, it seems that in some cases when only sleeping for a brief amount of time it doesn't have a problem on wake, but if you leave it for hours at a time (overnight, while at work, etc) it will give you issues when you try to wake it.

You have to trust me, I've had actual Macs for a few years now and know when I'm putting the computer to sleep manually and when I'm waking it. Also, as ovb1 says, I didn't have these issues in Lion on this same rig at all. I changed ZERO features in bios since running a stable Lion build.

I have the same combo (Z68X-UD3H-B3 and GTX 670) and some sleep problems.
Sleep was working fine in Lion but I decided to update.
Updated the BIOS to UEFI as well that caused reboot loops after putting the rig to sleep so reverted back to F12.
Can't get sleep to work under 10.8.2.
The computer does not wake up.
Did you find any solution?

This is obviously a bit late, I just read this post.

I have been trying to sort out a similar problem for a while now. Wake from sleep will result in a crash. iTunes is where I usually lock up. I am using a Syba firewire card for my audio interface. I have been trying to look at this from the perspective of a firewire power management issue.

Here is a link to a post I started on that.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hardware-...tion-guid-invalid-help-needed.html#post771825

I definitely wouldn't mind figuring this out and finding a solution to a problem that seems to be pretty common on this chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back