Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD5H USB 3 not work on Back Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

The top two ports stopped working for me just today I think. I just got this motherboard like, two days ago.

The same thing happens as it does for you. Some stuff I plug in appears to get power, but they're not recognized by the OS. iPhone, iPad, mouse and keyboard don't work at all.

This is really frustrating. Everything was going so well.

Did you have any luck with Gigabyte tech support? I emailed them, but have yet to hear back. Mine is also still within the return window, so unless I hear some good news quick, I'm going to have to exchange it.

"USB 3 not work on Back Panel" also for me, four USB3 ports for the accuracy. I have a GA-Z87X-OC and the same problems reported here. It is not a driver issue since even the bios does not detect devices connected to the ports. This is the first time that i bought a Gigabyte but also my last one. I fear own that there is no solution to the problem but only RMA.

Hi,

GA-Z87X-UD5H Bios ver. F7 have 6 USB 3 ports on back panel and FOUR on bottom and TWO on top, right next to ps/2.

Bottom four usb 3 are not working. I tried Tried different USB 2 and 3 drives in both Windows 7 and 10.8.4. Still no luck. But, two on top and usb 3 headers are working fine. My case is Corsair 400R.

I had the exact same problem before on same board, so I got a replacement few days ago. Once I got it, it was working, but not now.

What I can try to fix it?

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Here is an update for you.

Amazon shipped me a new motherboard, which I just installed. I plugged in a bunch of USB devices to test and they all worked. I then restarted the PC and....some didn't (keyboard). I unplugged that and plugged it into another one...worked. I then started switching devices around and the strangest thing, some devices don't work when they're in certain ports, but others do. My mouse didn't work in the BIOS, but worked in OS X.

What I'm getting at, is that it is kinda random. I put the USB BIOS setting to "Auto" to see if that helped. As of this moment, for the 1 hour this replacement motherboard has been running, it has seen very random results.

However, the consistent part of the whole thing was that the keyboard/mouse didn't work in the top two...again while BOTH were plugged in.

It is all very strange and I'm beginning to think this may be a USB 3.0/2.0/Legacy issue. There seems like there is more to this story than simply bad USB ports. More testing will need to be done.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, I have this same issue with the Z77X-UD5H model of this board. All ports worked for about 3 months and then randomly stopped one day.

I am still looking for a way to fix this.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, I have this same issue with the Z77X-UD5H model of this board. All ports worked for about 3 months and then randomly stopped one day.

I am still looking for a way to fix this.

Hey,

I contacted Gigabyte and they responded with, "This is a known issue with the Intel chipset, file an RMA for a replacement chip." (paraphrase).

At this point I'm not sure there is any options other than purchasing an internal USB hub, or sending it back under warranty.

My case is a tad different since I purchased through Amazon. If you would like to read the story, check out my post in the "Buying advice" section.

"USB 3 not work on Back Panel" also for me, four USB3 ports for the accuracy. I have a GA-Z87X-OC and the same problems reported here. It is not a driver issue since even the bios does not detect devices connected to the ports. This is the first time that i bought a Gigabyte but also my last one. I fear own that there is no solution to the problem but only RMA.

In Oktober I also bought the Z87x-OC and since yesterday i experience the same problems, 4 out of 6 usb 3 ports on the backpanel do not work. The usb ports on my Case work just fine. I have (re)installed all available drivers possible but still no succes. I understand that this is a hardware problem from this thread.. anyone has found a solution yet or shall I just return it?

There is no solution! The bios does not recognize the devices in USB ports already so it's not a driver issue. I've always bought Asus products and I've never had problems; Gigabyte produces bad products. The shop tells me to contact the manufacturer for the RMA and the manufacturer (Gigabyte) says it does not provide global warranty. I'm disappointed and embittered. It is not a high-end product, the price is high.

Hey guys, i'm having the same problem, for the first 3-4 hours everything worked perfectly, suddenly usb back panel stopped :(...
i have a ud5h bios f8

did anybody find a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back