Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H audio green-port problem solved by welding 2 resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
any news about it?

Does anyone have a cached copy of the resistor mod instructions? I'd like to try it.

In OS X, there is no BIOS solution for the no green port audio problem with the GA-Z77X-UD5H. Gigabyte's position at this time is "there are no audio problems on any Z77X-UD5H". Further, "Rev 1.0 boards could be activated by hardware with the modification posted on TonyMac forum"; this thread.

I have this problem too. I get neither the green port nor the front headphone jack in OSX, in Linux the rear green port doesn't work but the headphone jack does, and in Windows everything works.

I have a ticket open with Gigabyte but they are saying "Sorry, but we don't have kind of information about this problem, could you be more specific ? Besides, we don't know linux that well, so it's very hard for us to help you out on this."

Does anyone who is following this issue have an existing support ticket number in which the problem has been acknowledged in any way, or links to other forums in which detailed analysis has been done? Someone mentioned tweak town?

It'd be nice to be able to have Gigabyte at least acknowledge the problem and escalate it. I'm not optimistic of the Hackintosh community seeming overly important to them, but I suspect they'd be nervous of alienating everyone who uses Linux.

Cheers

Charlie

I have this problem too. I get neither the green port nor the front headphone jack in OSX, in Linux the rear green port doesn't work but the headphone jack does, and in Windows everything works.

I have a ticket open with Gigabyte but they are saying "Sorry, but we don't have kind of information about this problem, could you be more specific ? Besides, we don't know linux that well, so it's very hard for us to help you out on this."

Does anyone who is following this issue have an existing support ticket number in which the problem has been acknowledged in any way, or links to other forums in which detailed analysis has been done? Someone mentioned tweak town?

It'd be nice to be able to have Gigabyte at least acknowledge the problem and escalate it. I'm not optimistic of the Hackintosh community seeming overly important to them, but I suspect they'd be nervous of alienating everyone who uses Linux.

Cheers

Charlie
Hey Charlie,

As stated in your other thread, I also have the green port issue. I sent a message to Gigabyte yesterday as well. This is the message I sent:
"There seems to a problem with this board and the green audio port in the back when running Linux or OSX. The green port does not seem to output unless using Windows. Additionally, the front audio port does not work in OSX.

This is a common problem as reported by many users of the tonymacx86.net community. Is there any plan to fix this issue for those that use Linux or OSX? I'm on the latest BIOS and this still does not fix the problem. A hardware modification solution was posted by a user on the forum, but I would rather not do this as it would void the warranty.

Thanks!"

That was Question - 1273952 if you would like to reference it in your ticket. Here was the response I got:

"Dear Customer,

Unfortunately you are using open source OS which does not offer any driver support and an unsupported OSX which is not design for PC based platform. Did you tried testing with Windows based and check whether if you encounter any issue with the audio?"

I can't believe they don't offer any official support for Linux. Also does Gigabyte not test OSX on their boards? How else would they make it so stable?

Great. I just bought this POS and now have no sound after installing multibeast drivers.

Why is it being recomended?

Great. I just bought this POS and now have no sound after installing multibeast drivers.

Why is it being recomended?

Sound works, just use the Orange or Black ports. Green output and front panel output doesn't play well in OSX/Linux.

Otherwise this board is rock solid. My build is pretty much perfect, see my sig for my optimizations.

Just a quick update. Gigabyte France have escalated this to Gigabyte HQ for me:

Hi,

No problem, as i said, I'll try to get more information from our HQ, it can take a while, so hang in there we're proceeding as fast as we can.

Maybe you can re-assign the jacks under linux driver in the meantime, this way you can use your system almost normally during our investigation.

I know it can be done, because some of my friend had to remap the jacks for his own needs.

Best Regards,
GIGABYTE France Tech support

Hopefully, given that this is not the first time Gigabyte TW have seen this issue, this will add more incentive to propose a fix.

In the meantime, I've asked for more info about the jack reassignment idea.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS in for sound at the moment, but Win7 driver support is a bit dire, and the thing crackles and pops unbearably.

I've managed to reassign the black plug of the Realtek as stereo output for my speakers in Windows (the Realtek driver allows you to do that - in fact it asks what you want to use the plug as, when you first plug something in), and I propose to use the same plug in MacOSX as default output. That should do for now.

Of course, it'd be nice to have full 5.1... :)

Cheers

Charlie

Keep us updated Charlie, I am very interested to hear the response you get.....

Just wanted to chime in. I picked up this board earlier this week and it was a rev. 1.1. I can say the green port does work but I don't know what other changes were made to this rev. Gigabyte isn't even showing the rev on their site...

Thanks for the simple but effective tip "reassign the black plug of the Realtek as stereo output for my speakers in Windows"

I did not mind so much having to plug the speakers into black or orange connections for sound in Mountain Lion but was irritated when dual booting into Windows 7 and not working...

I had looked at "Sound" settings in Windows but had not bothered to install the Realtek drivers!!

Someone mentioned a MB revision to UD5H? Just downloaded Realtek drivers from Gigabyte and only saw one Z77X-UD5H Motherboard listed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back