Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news! How was the speed?

If the etron chips are okay, then you actually end up with more working ports on this model than the higher end boards which use VLI hubs.

The speed varied a lot since I was restoring a lot of files.

In Lion it topped out a 15MB/s burst on a usb 2.0 drive,

I'm getting like 12/13MB/s in the activity monitor right now copying a huge mkv to it.

Don't have usb 3.0 thumb drive yet, but I'll definately check that out next time I spring for parts :p

Ok, so here's the progress report.

The only thing that doesn't work right now is wake through usb.

And by not work, I mean you have to replug the keyboard, the computer wakes, so it's a detail.

Here's the dsdt I'm running with right now, if you run the dsdt from likux through the dsdt-autopatcher, it'll not enter the right values for ALC889.

This dsdt has that fixed

Lurker owners? speak up! :wave:

Attachments

• Z68XP-UD3P_F4.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 149
discreetlogic said:
Ok, so here's the progress report.

The only thing that doesn't work right now is wake through usb.

And by not work, I mean you have to replug the keyboard, the computer wakes, so it's a detail.

Here's the dsdt I'm running with right now, if you run the dsdt from likux through the dsdt-autopatcher, it'll not enter the right values for ALC889.

This dsdt has that fixed

Lurker owners? speak up! :wave:

Not a lurker owner but potential owner (this is the board I intend to buy).

I wonder if that USB issue is related to the various options you can use in Chameleon for USB handshaking. Anyway, what about posting a clean untouched F4 DSDT in the Gigabyte DSDT thread so that we can have a consistently editted (ie same set of edits) DSDT? I'm sure yours works but consistency makes for easier diagnosis of issues.

Anyway, hope to be joining you with a Hackintosh on this system shortly.

Update:

Loving this board in general except the damn sleep, still unsolved and a hell of a lot of dsdt dead ends.

Just tried chimera 1.5, left all the appleintel kexts stock 10.7.1, graphics enabler yes, and nothing out the hdmi port.

Any ideas welcome :wave:

Just got this board, not to bothered about lion at this stage, whats best approach to get this running good in sl? install f4 bios use Multibeast user dsdt with one posted above? cheers

Hey zennit47

I didn't install SL using iBoot, went straight to Lion.

I did have a 10.6.8 partition from a previous build that booted okay, modifying /Extra while in LION.

Weird I know. I'm sure there are Snow Leopard guides on this site for sandybridge.

But yeah, update the bios, get the dsdt. You can get an alc889 patched AppleHDA off kexts.com for 10.6.8 if you want too.

Glad to hear from new owners! :headbang: keep in touch!

Hopefully, this thread will eventually solve the remaining issues :

1-Rock solid wake from sleep
2-Integrated graphics with audio out the hdmi port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back