Contribute
Register

Flash Player crashes everytime Yosemite 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me disabling graphic acceleration didn't change anything. I'm not able to choose Macpro6,1 because it makes my Hack crash at startup. With iMac14,2 & 15,1 it crash, but 15,1 is the closest to my build. Seems like Macpro3,1 is working but prevent Handsoff to work. I don't know what to choose :)

On a side note, I started to have sleep issues, screen & computer don't go to sleep, and when I force it the Hack don't wake up (but power button light on). Seems to be related too to the definition because with macpro6,1 behavior change, it will restart on wake up, not just light the power button then do nothing ...

I'm lost :mrgreen:

For me disabling graphic acceleration didn't change anything. I'm not able to choose Macpro6,1 because it makes my Hack crash at startup. With iMac14,2 & 15,1 it crash, but 15,1 is the closest to my build. Seems like Macpro3,1 is working but prevent Handsoff to work. I don't know what to choose :)

On a side note, I started to have sleep issues, screen & computer don't go to sleep, and when I force it the Hack don't wake up (but power button light on). Seems to be related too to the definition because with macpro6,1 behavior change, it will restart on wake up, not just light the power button then do nothing ...

I'm lost :mrgreen:

I just spent a couple hours yesterday tinkering. I have read on other sites that enabling the integrated HD graphics from the intel cpu fixes these problems. Unfortunately my chip has an HD2000 and that was never supported by Apple.

I am using clover with an iMac 12,1 system definition and i have iMessage and FaceTime working using borrowed values for rom smuuid mlb ect ect from a broken mac that i own so the thought of changing system definitions sounded like a bad idea because i would loose that functionality.

I decided to try somewhat of a hybrid system definition by only changing the Product Name, Bios Version, and Chasis Asset Tag.

This allowed me to keep the same Board Serial Number, Serial Number, Board ID, and SMUUID.

I did this with the Mac Pro 6,1 Definition while the computer no longer crashed after loading videos it developed a new problem with with audio not working after wake.
When going into About this Mac it still showed a 2011 iMac but when going into the system profiler it showed a MacPro 6,1

I had then read on another forum about someone having this problem with system definition 14,2 and how changing to 14,1 had resolved there issues. So i once again had a bit of a hybrid Sytem Definition retaining the Board Serial Number, Serial Number, Board ID, and SMUUID from my iMac 12,1 system definition and putting it into a generated iMac 14,1 system definition.

iMessage and FaceTime still work perfectly The system sleeps and wake properly safari doesn't crash.... all in all I'm satisfied now it took me a while to get to this point and the fact that i didn't want to loose iMessage capabilities increased the problems I faced but i hope this helps someone else.

TLDR: If you don't have a need to preserve iMessage functionality because your iMessage isn't currently working change to iMac 14,1. If you do need to preserve functionality read the whole thing.

I just spent a couple hours yesterday tinkering. I have read on other sites that enabling the integrated HD graphics from the intel cpu fixes these problems. Unfortunately my chip has an HD2000 and that was never supported by Apple.

I am using clover with an iMac 12,1 system definition and i have iMessage and FaceTime working using borrowed values for rom smuuid mlb ect ect from a broken mac that i own so the thought of changing system definitions sounded like a bad idea because i would loose that functionality.

I decided to try somewhat of a hybrid system definition by only changing the Product Name, Bios Version, and Chasis Asset Tag.

This allowed me to keep the same Board Serial Number, Serial Number, Board ID, and SMUUID.

I did this with the Mac Pro 6,1 Definition while the computer no longer crashed after loading videos it developed a new problem with with audio not working after wake.
When going into About this Mac it still showed a 2011 iMac but when going into the system profiler it showed a MacPro 6,1

I had then read on another forum about someone having this problem with system definition 14,2 and how changing to 14,1 had resolved there issues. So i once again had a bit of a hybrid Sytem Definition retaining the Board Serial Number, Serial Number, Board ID, and SMUUID from my iMac 12,1 system definition and putting it into a generated iMac 14,1 system definition.

iMessage and FaceTime still work perfectly The system sleeps and wake properly safari doesn't crash.... all in all I'm satisfied now it took me a while to get to this point and the fact that i didn't want to loose iMessage capabilities increased the problems I faced but i hope this helps someone else.

TLDR: If you don't have a need to preserve iMessage functionality because your iMessage isn't currently working change to iMac 14,1. If you do need to preserve functionality read the whole thing.

Hey, thanks !

iMac 14,1 solved my flash problem while keeping handsoff working ! So thanks again.

I'm still having my sleep problem that seems unraleted (or isn't, as macpro6,1 changed the bug). I tried before to activate intel graphics but that was the same, and boot time was almost 2 minutes opposed to 25 seconds without intel graphics in BIOS ...

And I'm using multibeast so not sure if your explanation was a general one or a clover specific for the mixed definition. For iMessage, as I still haven't digged it out, that wasn't a problem for me.

Hey, thanks !

iMac 14,1 solved my flash problem while keeping handsoff working ! So thanks again.

I'm still having my sleep problem that seems unraleted (or isn't, as macpro6,1 changed the bug). I tried before to activate intel graphics but that was the same, and boot time was almost 2 minutes opposed to 25 seconds without intel graphics in BIOS ...

And I'm using multibeast so not sure if your explanation was a general one or a clover specific for the mixed definition. For iMessage, as I still haven't digged it out, that wasn't a problem for me.

to enable integrated graphics you have to also edit the config file for clover to inject intel graphics not just enable it in the bios. When you say you are using multi-beast do you mean you are using chimera? if so I'm not sure how to do it in chimera.

Im guessing the sleep issues are unrelated. i also had sleep issues where the computer would not go to sleep it would just turn the display off and the fans and everything would keep spinning and there was no way to wake the display...... i don't really recall what i did to fix it i found a thread on here that was all about yosemite sleep problems and i remember changing bunch of settings via terminal and doing all kinds of suggestions in the thread so i can't recall what actually fixed it.

When you say you are using multi-beast do you mean you are using chimera?

i found a thread on here that was all about yosemite sleep problems and i remember changing bunch of settings via terminal and doing all kinds of suggestions in the thread so i can't recall what actually fixed it.

Yes sorry, I meant Chimera, still new to all this :)

I'm looking in multiple sleep thread, (because sleep was previously working), so far nothing, but let's not pollute this topic with that ;) thanks again for your advice !

Flash Player crashes everytime Yosemite 10.10 - Solved!

Thank you for your post - I was experiencing the same problem, and your recommendation fixed the problem.

"Downloaded the latest MultiBeast (7.2), and simply changed System definitions from iMac 13.1 to the latest Mac Pro (6.1). No crash anymore, flash player working now."

Note: I had to reinstall the VooDoo audio patch, but otherwise painless.

Hope this helps someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back