Contribute
Register

Fix "Your device or computer could not be verified..." Yosemite OS X 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to try to run old xcode, you should probably do so on old OS X. Lion would probably be a good choice.

I'm not sure I understand why you're trying to build 32-bit for Yosemite. Yosemite is 64-bit only.

'cause i've never been able to install an 64 bits OS (always tried with Windows) in my laptrop (Samsung r530 with Intel Core2Duo)... install allways said to me that was only able to install 32 bits :eek: and thats 's why i was talking to you about 32bits version but... now .. reading your answer, i don't now what to think because it's sure i've got Yosemite 10.10 on my PC... o_O i'm getting crazy.

So, then.. is it possible for me to use your NUllEthernet (64bits)?? but, for this i need to compile with Xcode 6 and the only download possibility is throught AppStore where i don't have access... or, do you have a final complied version to execute directly and didn't found?

getting totally crazy!!

I've got this... no .dmg

Captura de pantalla 2014-11-01 a las 15.32.06.png

'cause i've never been able to install an 64 bits OS (always tried with Windows) in my laptrop (Samsung r530 with Intel Core2Duo)... install allways said to me that was only able to install 32 bits :eek: and thats 's why i was talking to you about 32bits version but... now .. reading your answer, i don't now what to think because it's sure i've got Yosemite 10.10 on my PC... o_O i'm getting crazy.

So, then.. is it possible for me to use your NUllEthernet (64bits)?? but, for this i need to compile with Xcode 6 and the only download possibility is throught AppStore where i don't have access... or, do you have a final complied version to execute directly and didn't found?

getting totally crazy!!

The NullEthernet.kext build I provide is 64-bits.

OS X has been 64-bit only since Mountain Lion.

I'm reading the "Readme" file and i think that in my case (remember i wasn't able to install ethernet card on my system and only have USB Wifi working on "en2") should apply the "Alternate way to install - PCIe injector method

Is it correct?

- "Instead of DSDT patching, you will instead create a custom NullEthernetInjector. To do so, modify the Info.plist in NullEthernetInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Change IOPCIMatch to suit your device. Also, change the MAC-address property as appropriate (default is 12:34:56:78
1f18e.png
cd). Then install your custom NullEthernetInjector.kext like you would any kext. When updates happen to the main NullEthernet.kext this step does not need to be repeated. "

How can i know what to put into IOPCIMatch? What must i do? what MAC must i write?

I'm so sorry for such questions but i think i'm close to get it but don't understand how to do it.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2014-11-01 a las 19.22.08.png
    Captura de pantalla 2014-11-01 a las 19.22.08.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 196
How can i know what to put into IOPCIMatch? What must i do? what MAC must i write?

If you have an existing (but unsupported) PCIe Ethernet device to match against, that is your IOPCIMatch.

MAC is random of your choice.

If you have an existing (but unsupported) PCIe Ethernet device to match against, that is your IOPCIMatch.

MAC is random of your choice.

Yes, but...

1- what value must write into this tag? this is what appears now.. how can i konw if my system does not detect ethernet card at this moment?

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x816810ec</string>

2- Is here where i must write the randon MAC (for example this 12:34:56:78:AB:CD)

<key>MAC-address</key>
<data>
EjRWeKvN
</data>

just Replace EjRWeKvN for 12:34:56:78:AB:CD ?

3- after doing both two steps.. just install kext with kext utility and reboot?

Yes, but...

1- what value must write into this tag? this is what appears now.. how can i konw if my system does not detect ethernet card at this moment?

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x816810ec</string>

You would replace it with the PCI id of your device. Use DPCIManager.

2- Is here where i must write the randon MAC (for example this 12:34:56:78:AB:CD)

<key>MAC-address</key>
<data>
EjRWeKvN
</data>

just Replace EjRWeKvN for 12:34:56:78:AB:CD ?

Use a plist editor so you don't have to enter the base64 encoded data. You can see what 'EjRWeKvN' is by 'echo EjRWeKvN|base64 --decode|xxd' if you're curious, or look at it in a plist editor.

3- after doing both two steps.. just install kext with kext utility and reboot?

Both NullEthernet.kext and NullEthernetInjector.kext. The full instructions are in the README.

You would replace it with the PCI id of your device. Use DPCIManager.

That's what i get.... where is the PCI id? Last line seems to be my card

Captura de pantalla 2014-11-02 a las 18.05.41.png

use a plist editor so you don't have to enter the base64 encoded data. You can see what 'EjRWeKvN' is by 'echo EjRWeKvN|base64 --decode|xxd' if you're curious, or look at it in a plist editor.

I think you mean this... i can see in PlistEdit how the data introduced up (12345678 ABCD) is shown down as EjRWeKvN

Captura_de_pantalla_2014-11-02_a_las_18_24_43.png

the default address should be valid so i think i don't need modify it, isn't it?

What i mean in the instructions is that there's no MAC address in NullEthernet.kext/Contents/Info.plist but if there is one in NullEthernetInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist ... this last one will be used, isn't? or i should introduce the same MAC address (in NullEthernet.kext/Contents/Info.plist) write in NullEthernetInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist ??

"if there is a MAC-address property provided in NullEthernet.kext/Contents/Info.plist (or if using the injector, in NullEthernetInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist), that one is used. By default, there is no MAC-address specified in NullEthernet.kext/Contents/Info.plist."

NullEthernet.kext and NullEthernetInjector.kext. The full instructions are in the README.

Ok, when i finish (i hope some day ;) ) i'll install both of them with Kext Utility

Thank you again... and sorry again for such questions :( i'm very confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back