Contribute
Register

First Time Hackintosh Build - Clevo Laptop - Next steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I saw your Post after I re-installed Yosemite, thinking best foot forward I decided to follow your link and remake my bootable Clover USB stick and then re-install again.
Although now I can't install or boot into my existing OSX at all.

I didn't adjust the OSX installer partition on the USB stick at all as i thought that should be fine and has only be read and not altered.
I installed Clover using the links, replaced the kexts, copied the HD4600 Config Plist etc. The symptom i have is that whether i try to run the OSX installer from the USB stick or boot into the existing OSX partition on my Hard Drive the apple logo pops up and then the system re-boots.

Any thoughts?

Dan

Hi,
I saw your Post after I re-installed Yosemite, thinking best foot forward I decided to follow your link and remake my bootable Clover USB stick and then re-install again.
Although now I can't install or boot into my existing OSX at all.

I didn't adjust the OSX installer partition on the USB stick at all as i thought that should be fine and has only be read and not altered.
I installed Clover using the links, replaced the kexts, copied the HD4600 Config Plist etc. The symptom i have is that whether i try to run the OSX installer from the USB stick or boot into the existing OSX partition on my Hard Drive the apple logo pops up and then the system re-boots.

Any thoughts?

Dan

Make sure you copied the correct plist for config.plist.

Post your EFI folder if you want me to look at it.

Haha thats hilarious i put an extra character in the file name when i renamed it.
Scratching my head for 20 min on that!
Its loading the OSX partition on the USB stick with horizontol lines so i can't really see whats going on. First time i've seen that, its also doing the same when trying to boot from the existing OSX partition on my hard drive.
Guess it must be an entry in the Config.Plist it doesn't like.
I'm using the 'config_HD4600.plist' from your Git Hub repository.
I haven't modified it at all as yet.

Haha thats hilarious i put an extra character in the file name when i renamed it.
Scratching my head for 20 min on that!
Its loading the OSX partition on the USB stick with horizontol lines so i can't really see whats going on. First time i've seen that, its also doing the same when trying to boot from the existing OSX partition on my hard drive.
Guess it must be an entry in the Config.Plist it doesn't like.
I'm using the 'config_HD4600.plist' from your Git Hub repository.
I haven't modified it at all as yet.

Post your EFI folder if you need it reviewed.

Also, make sure you fill out your profile as requested in post #1 of the Clover UEFI guide.

You should try with/without CSM enabled in BIOS. Also, you could try setting the ScreenResolution in config.plist to your native (and unspecified) screen resolution. See clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI#ScreenResolution

Hi,
I've attached the EFI folder as a zip from the Clover USB.
I've updated a few specs in my profile too, there isn't much to speak of (even CPU Z doesn't show anything more).
I added the screen resolution line to the Config.Plist via a Plist editor, didn't seem to make any difference unfortunately although it was a 'best guess' on my part where to insert it - just after the Theme Key inside the Plist.

If you could have quick look over the EFI i'd appreciate it, thanks for your time and effort so far though i realise that you don't have to.

I don't have any CSM type options in my UEFI BIOS, secure boot is diabled and Trusted Platform Modules are off/diabled.

Regards,
Dan

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 96
Hi,
I've attached the EFI folder as a zip from the Clover USB.
I've updated a few specs in my profile too, there isn't much to speak of (even CPU Z doesn't show anything more).
I added the screen resolution line to the Config.Plist via a Plist editor, didn't seem to make any difference unfortunately although it was a 'best guess' on my part where to insert it - just after the Theme Key inside the Plist.

If you could have quick look over the EFI i'd appreciate it, thanks for your time and effort so far though i realise that you don't have to.

I don't have any CSM type options in my UEFI BIOS, secure boot is diabled and Trusted Platform Modules are off/diabled.

Regards,
Dan

EFI folder and config.plist looks ok.

Did you try alternate ig-platform-id values as noted in the guide?

Hi RehabMan,

Hope you had a happy christmas and nice new years!
I'm just getting back to this after family time and mental work, so apologies for being a bit of a ghost.

I've tried most if not all of those alternate ig-platform-id numbers.
If i swap the Config.Plist with the original unaltered one that installs with Clover then the display comes good so i think it could be something in there.
I'll try the remaining codes in hope something sticks.
I did notice that the length of the string differs slightly, the original Clover one is '0x0a260006', whereas the ones on the forum are '0a260006' etc so i've been maintaining the '0x' at the beginning.

I'll double check any boot settings in Clover too, i haven't added any lines/boot flags etc but maybe there are some default ones that bypass and are preventing this from working correctly.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi RehabMan,

Hope you had a happy christmas and nice new years!
I'm just getting back to this after family time and mental work, so apologies for being a bit of a ghost.

I've tried most if not all of those alternate ig-platform-id numbers.
If i swap the Config.Plist with the original unaltered one that installs with Clover then the display comes good so i think it could be something in there.

The original probably does not inject for Intel.

I'll try the remaining codes in hope something sticks.
I did notice that the length of the string differs slightly, the original Clover one is '0x0a260006', whereas the ones on the forum are '0a260006' etc so i've been maintaining the '0x' at the beginning.

The 0x prefix is required. The leading zero after the 0x prefix is optional.

Hi,
I've come back round to this and managed to re-install OSX and install the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext that you provided here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html
Thanks for creating those.

The boot in to OSX is breaks up a little but i the gfx performance is greatly improved, still got tweaks to do i feel, the cursor movement and general responsiveness is much better. The apple logo in the top left menu bar is green which is a bit strange.

So some progression at last!
Just thinking where best is back to circle to.
I'm going to revisit the original posts and see what seems logical.

Ta,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back