Contribute
Register

First Time Hackintosh Build - Clevo Laptop - Next steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Clevo W550SU1 (Mobile Intel® HM86 Express Chipset)
CPU
Intel Haswell i5-4310m
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (1920x1080 Native Screen res)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've been following guides (as best possible) and reading as much as I can on the Tonymac site and a few other places, I seem to have luckily fumbled my way through an install but I've hit a bit of wall now on finishing off the build -which I assume is my first timed ignorance!

I do realise that each machine is different and I don't expect everything to function on my Hackintosh.
I don't care about Bluetooth, wifi, hdmi/vga out.
I'm hoping to run Logic on the system which I hope isn't an unreasonable request.

What I'm trying to address first is the GPU, then Power management, not sure what else i'll find once theses are up and running correctly - the GUI responsiveness is preventing me from progressing that much.

I'm running a dual boot system using one partitioned hard drive, Windows 8.1 and Mac OSX Yosemite.
I installed Yosemite using a Clover bootable USB which I use each time I wish to boot into Yosemite (which i'm fine with BTW).
I was a bit confused at the start of all this work and thought I still had to run Multibeast post install to tweak post -install parameters.
After realising that tweaking these seemed to make no difference I woke up to the fact that Multibeast only works when using Unibeast to install Mac OSX - incidentally I tried Unibeast but the MAC OSX installer hung everytime/or wouldn't boot from the USB stick so I switched to Clover.

I've copied sections of recommended plist files and followed plist modifications and some scripts (that I ran in Terminal), can't remember all posts but this was one of them: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-fix-intel-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Its my understanding that modifying the plist on my bootable Clover USB stick ("USB STICK:\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist") seems to be the chief place to make these adjustments.

So far they don't seem to affect the OSX GUI in anyway, i'm having a very sluggish experience, the cursor moves incredibly slowly, borders around windows and the dock have errors in their drawing on screen.
On the plus side the system seems pretty stable thus far - although it hasn't been pushed by any massive length other than loading the App Store and updating to the latest Yosemite via an Ehternet cable.

Would it be best to start afresh (which I don't mind) bearing in mind that I originally used Multibeast?

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated, I've attached my plist in case that helps to troubleshoot.

Many thanks and fingers crossed!

Dan

View attachment config.plist

Hi,

I've been following guides (as best possible) and reading as much as I can on the Tonymac site and a few other places, I seem to have luckily fumbled my way through an install but I've hit a bit of wall now on finishing off the build -which I assume is my first timed ignorance!

I do realise that each machine is different and I don't expect everything to function on my Hackintosh.
I don't care about Bluetooth, wifi, hdmi/vga out.
I'm hoping to run Logic on the system which I hope isn't an unreasonable request.

What I'm trying to address first is the GPU, then Power management, not sure what else i'll find once theses are up and running correctly - the GUI responsiveness is preventing me from progressing that much.

I'm running a dual boot system using one partitioned hard drive, Windows 8.1 and Mac OSX Yosemite.
I installed Yosemite using a Clover bootable USB which I use each time I wish to boot into Yosemite (which i'm fine with BTW).
I was a bit confused at the start of all this work and thought I still had to run Multibeast post install to tweak post -install parameters.
After realising that tweaking these seemed to make no difference I woke up to the fact that Multibeast only works when using Unibeast to install Mac OSX - incidentally I tried Unibeast but the MAC OSX installer hung everytime/or wouldn't boot from the USB stick so I switched to Clover.

I've copied sections of recommended plist files and followed plist modifications and some scripts (that I ran in Terminal), can't remember all posts but this was one of them: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-fix-intel-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Its my understanding that modifying the plist on my bootable Clover USB stick ("USB STICK:\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist") seems to be the chief place to make these adjustments.

So far they don't seem to affect the OSX GUI in anyway, i'm having a very sluggish experience, the cursor moves incredibly slowly, borders around windows and the dock have errors in their drawing on screen.
On the plus side the system seems pretty stable thus far - although it hasn't been pushed by any massive length other than loading the App Store and updating to the latest Yosemite via an Ehternet cable.

Would it be best to start afresh (which I don't mind) bearing in mind that I originally used Multibeast?

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated, I've attached my plist in case that helps to troubleshoot.

Many thanks and fingers crossed!

Dan

View attachment 119329

There is not much in Multibeast for laptops, especially when using Clover as the bootloader (nothing to do with Unibeast, many Multibeast options tweak Chimera bootloader settings).

Let's see what you have at this point...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Hi RehabMan,
Many thanks for replying to my message.
I've managed to run Patchmatic and i've attached a Zip file containing the generated output.
Took me a while to find the exectuable file and also to figure out that it was a hidden folder within Finder.

In terms of IOReg i've created a copy by using ''Save Copy as'' I'm not sure where/how to utilise the commands you listed for this one. I couldn't explicitly find those strings within the IOREG app, or is it a Terminal command to run outside once i've generated a copy?

thanks again and pardon my ignorance on this!

Dan

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    25.9 KB · Views: 155
Hi RehabMan,
Many thanks for replying to my message.
I've managed to run Patchmatic and i've attached a Zip file containing the generated output.
Took me a while to find the exectuable file and also to figure out that it was a hidden folder within Finder.

In terms of IOReg i've created a copy by using ''Save Copy as'' I'm not sure where/how to utilise the commands you listed for this one. I couldn't explicitly find those strings within the IOREG app, or is it a Terminal command to run outside once i've generated a copy?

thanks again and pardon my ignorance on this!

Dan

Need also saved ioreg file and output from the commands in Terminal.

Hi RehabMan,

here's the output from the Terminal commands:

Dans-MacBook-Pro:~ Dan$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f81cf7000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Dans-MacBook-Pro:~ Dan$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

(the second command returned nothing)

Please find attached my IOREG too.

Thanks again,
Dan

Attachments

• DanIOREG281214.ioreg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
Hi RehabMan,

here's the output from the Terminal commands:

Dans-MacBook-Pro:~ Dan$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f81cf7000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Dans-MacBook-Pro:~ Dan$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

(the second command returned nothing)

Please find attached my IOREG too.

Thanks again,
Dan

HD4600 is not working. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-fix-intel-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Note: It appears that maybe you removed the Intel graphics kexts. Restore them from backup or do a fresh install.

AppleLPC is not loading. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hi,

I've actually been through and followed the HD4400/HD4600 guide previously to no avail but if you suspect that i've somehow removed the gfx kexts i guess they wouldn't have much impact.
Do i need to reinstall the OS to get the kexts back or can i 'top them up'/ refresh them somehow?

I'll follow the DSDT/SSDT patch guide now and get back to the graphics shortly.
I'm not sure how i managed to remove them to be honest, i haven't done anything destructive system-wise, unless its a result of the initial misplaced Multibeast use...

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,

I've actually been through and followed the HD4400/HD4600 guide previously to no avail but if you suspect that i've somehow removed the gfx kexts i guess they wouldn't have much impact.

You cannot expect to have HD4600 working without the kexts.

Do i need to reinstall the OS to get the kexts back or can i 'top them up'/ refresh them somehow?

Do a fresh install.

I'll follow the DSDT/SSDT patch guide now and get back to the graphics shortly.
I'm not sure how i managed to remove them to be honest, i haven't done anything destructive system-wise, unless its a result of the initial misplaced Multibeast use...

It is just a guess. There is no way for me to determine what you've removed, replaced, damaged, etc. If you follow the guides available, HD4600 works after a fresh install.

Hi,
i'm reinstalling Yosemite again (i wiped the partition in Disk Utility as part of the install).
Shall i run the:

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

commands first, attach a new IOREG file and the Patchmatic outputs?
Or run through the

Regards,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back