Contribute
Register

Facetime (Yosemite): Audio / Phone Call Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this might be an actual issue with Yosemite and not just limited to hacks.

I tried this:

'sudo killall coreaudiod'

and afterwards the calls appeared to be working - not sure if this is something I will have to do every time FaceTime is reopened or the hack is restarted....

Any update on if you need to run this every time you wake from sleep, open FaceTime, or restart your hack?

Normal Face to Face FaceTime working fine. Even making and receiving calls from my mac using the iPhone works fine. But for some reason i can't make or receive FaceTime audio calls - every time i try make a FaceTime audio call or pick up a FaceTime audio call, i just get three beeps. Even in the Contacts app FaceTime and FaceTime audio icons are greyed out.

Any ideas guys?

I think this might be an actual issue with Yosemite and not just limited to hacks.

I tried this:

and afterwards the calls appeared to be working - not sure if this is something I will have to do every time FaceTime is reopened or the hack is restarted....

Any update on if you need to run this every time you wake from sleep, open FaceTime, or restart your hack?

After I did this command I haven't had any issues, even after, restarting app, restarting hack.

I did however encounter another issue where if you answer the call too quickly it will fail... but i think that is just my bluetooth lol

Hope this helps :)

This solution worked for me using a Logitech C900! I was getting the 'chipmunk' voice, and no microphone working in FaceTime - setting to 32000Hz did the trick! Thanks for the help ;)

I tried this:

Thx this work for me :)

I found this solution on MacRumors to take care of the Chipmunk voice..

Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 9.02.23 AM.png

Hope this helps some of ya!

For those who can see the image on Logitech HD920 but cannot hear the voice, only select the mic audio source in Face Time to HD Prowebcam C920 in FaceTime top menu>Audio. That works for me.

Thanks for the Chipmunk help!

For those not having a working microphone .. it is in FaceTime under Video on the menubar

I tried this:

This works for me, but I have to reset it before every call that comes in (which is tough, because I'm not psychic).

Same problem, though. No mic, even though my mic is selected as default in both facetime AND the control panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back